Help me restructure my Brew House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm looking at re-organizing my whole brewery downstairs. I have a fairly large basement and a garage that is attached to the house so it's typically 15degrees colder in the winter and 15 warmer in the summer.

Is there a good thread or design plans somewhere on the most intelligent way to organize all your brew stuff. Ya know, like a grain/crushing area, fermentation space, equipment organization.

I'm sure someone has come up with an efficient way to setup your basement brewery. Please share your plans or ideas. Like I'm not sure if I should store and set most stuff up in the basement or the garage??

If you have a photo of you storage setup, post a pic. Thanks!

What ever works for you, unless someone lives in the same house as you what you are asking for wont help.

what I would do: Brew in the garage, keep all brewing equipment in there. You can light propane in a basement if it is well ventilated but I would just go for the garage. When you are done brewing take your kettle down to the basement and deal with fermentation processes, most likely the best area for fermentation temps.

I think his garage is at the basement level which makes things easier.

1. Crush grain, mash and sparge in the garage. Ferment and serve in the basement.

2. Options and variations are almost limitless based on time, space and money.

3. Most of us start with what we have on hand and never stop improving, moving, re-organizing etc.

Linc

I've heard that you should store/crush your grains in a separate area from where you ferment. The grains can have nasties on them that you don't want in your post-boil wort.

But I'd go with what link said.

awesomeness1.jpg

awesomeness2.jpg

I suggest using Google Sketchup and making a model drawing of the space and go from there. 3D modeling makes changes so much easier.

Back