5 Borough(NYC)Bulk Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the address of the drop point?

Not to ask the obvious (but I will anyway), what is the anticipated delivery day? And, what are the time restrictions on the pick up location?

Thanks again!

SWMBO is going out of town on business next week, so if it's delivered M-F of next week, I'll probably have to wait until next weekend to pick up my grains...I hope that's not a problem. :)

I got confirmation today it will be shipped on Wednesday to the original location in sunset park. Further details to come as far as pick up. thank you all for your participating.

Any further pick up details?

monday is delivery day. Please let me know when you'd like to pick up so I can make sure someone is there

keepitcold said:
monday is delivery day. Please let me know when you'd like to pick up so I can make sure someone is there

How early can we pick up on Monday?

I can be there Monday morning. How are we measuring out split sacks? I have a scale and 17l cambro that I was going to use to weight out my portions. I am willing to help anyone out but will take my scale with me when I am finished.

Norie_ said:
Sorry for this stupid question but are you spelling out the address?:

(11630)?? 9th Street
Brooklyn NY 11232

It's 116 39th Street

I can be there Monday morning. How are we measuring out split sacks? I have a scale and 17l cambro that I was going to use to weight out my portions. I am willing to help anyone out but will take my scale with me when I am finished.

This was another question i had.

I live out on the island and wont be able to make it during buisness hours till saturday even then ill be going to the nassau colliseum beer fest. Is anyone attending this that can mule my sacks out to the island for me? Ill make it worth the while.

Im splitting 2 sacks with you norie_ aswell. Not sure how this is going to work out??

Can anyone chime in who has done this before?

EDIT: norie_ when you take your portion can you leave the other half in the sack rolled up? i guess this would be the best bet considering its 50/50??

As I mentioned, SWMBO will be out of town for work (with the car) next week, but she should be back in time for us to pick them up friday afternoon/evening.

I'm can come any afternoon or evening and will try to arrange it when there is a consensus on pickup scheduling. My only constraint is that I am out of town starting Friday afternoon for the weekend.

for all of you splitting bags My opinion is for one person to take the bag and split it at home the drop off point is at a friends warehouse and its a pretty busy place. Second thing is the shipment is being made Monday at some point so best option would be starting Tuesday for pick ups. Ill be going over there after work Monday and will be labeling all the sacks for quick pick up and minimal confusion. Like i said guys its a friends warehouse I have to let him know who is coming and when. Saturday the warehouse is closed.

keepitcold said:
for all of you splitting bags My opinion is for one person to take the bag and split it at home the drop off point is at a friends warehouse and its a pretty busy place. Second thing is the shipment is being made Monday at some point so best option would be starting Tuesday for pick ups. Ill be going over there after work Monday and will be labeling all the sacks for quick pick up and minimal confusion. Like i said guys its a friends warehouse I have to let him know who is coming and when. Saturday the warehouse is closed.

Ok got it. I can come on Tuesday. Morning or evening. Let me confirm. I will be at the warehouse at 10am this Tuesday. Is this time okay keepitcold? I am not going to take any sacks that aren't mine home unless someone needs me to. Just because I don't want people to have to travel from home to warehouse to another destination for no reason. What I will do is bring the sacks to my car to divi up, close them and bring them back to the pallet. That way I won't be in the way. Will that work keepitcold? Please confirm if I can come at 10am Tuesday or what time I can come? I am flexible on Tuesday. Does anyone need me to pick their sacks up for them? I can store in my finished basement. Just let me know. I am happy to help.

Jon_TWR said:
As I mentioned, SWMBO will be out of town for work (with the car) next week, but she should be back in time for us to pick them up friday afternoon/evening.

I can pick up for you if you don't mind picking up from my house in Brooklyn.

I would LOVE to be able to pick up my 3 sacks on Saturday afternoon, if possible. Since the warehouse is closed, though, I might need to rely on the kindness of fellow brewers. Norie, if its truly not a huge pain in the ass, I'd love have you stash my sacks at your place in Brooklyn and then I can pick up from you--assuming this coming Saturday (3/9) afternoon is ok(?) I live on Long Island but will be in the city with the car that day--free from about 1pm - 4pm. Johnnyhitch1 I could also take your sacks out to my place in Huntington Station, if Norie can stash those at his as well. Perhaps I can drop off a few tasty brews for Norie in return for his efforts... Again, I don't want to be a pain, though, so if its too much to ask, no worries! I'm sure I can figure something else out if I have to :mug:

This was another question i had.

I live out on the island and wont be able to make it during buisness hours till saturday even then ill be going to the nassau colliseum beer fest. Is anyone attending this that can mule my sacks out to the island for me? Ill make it worth the while.

Im splitting 2 sacks with you norie_ aswell. Not sure how this is going to work out??

Can anyone chime in who has done this before?

EDIT: norie_ when you take your portion can you leave the other half in the sack rolled up? i guess this would be the best bet considering its 50/50??

No problem

Ok got it. I can come on Tuesday. Morning or evening. Let me confirm. I will be at the warehouse at 10am this Tuesday. Is this time okay keepitcold? I am not going to take any sacks that aren't mine home unless someone needs me to. Just because I don't want people to have to travel from home to warehouse to another destination for no reason. What I will do is bring the sacks to my car to divi up, close them and bring them back to the pallet. That way I won't be in the way. Will that work keepitcold? Please confirm if I can come at 10am Tuesday or what time I can come? I am flexible on Tuesday. Does anyone need me to pick their sacks up for them? I can store in my finished basement. Just let me know. I am happy to help.

I have no problem picking up my share of the sacks from your place, would you be able to grab my other 3 sacks? which actually leads me to my next point below...

Johnnyhitch1 I could also take your sacks out to my place in Huntington Station, if Norie can stash those at his as well. Perhaps I can drop off a few tasty brews for Norie in return for his efforts... Again, I don't want to be a pain, though, so if its too much to ask, no worries! I'm sure I can figure something else out if I have to :mug:

Norie if its possible to hold my sacks for stationz i would apriciate it.

StationZ, crazy....i also live in huntington station! haha i would deff make it worth your while if you were to pick up my sacks at nories and haul em back to the island for me. Would save me a trip for sure.

PM me guys if theres a problem or to confirm, i dont wanna keep loading this thread with personal questions/arrangements.
thx again everyone for making this happen, i should be good on grain for a good couple months lol

EDIT: station_z were you even down on this groupbuy? i dont see an order for you on the spreadsheet??

So I am picking up sacks for: Johnnyhitch1 and Jon_TWR. This is the first time I am see Crazy. Did you recently change your username? Anyone else want me to grab their grains? Or am I forgetting anyone else's grain?

So I am picking up sacks for: Johnnyhitch1 and Jon_TWR. This is the first time I am see Crazy. Did you recently change your username? Anyone else want me to grab their grains? Or am I forgetting anyone else's grain?

Bomb dude.
Yea it would help a lot specially since your going to split the bag there and i wont be able to get over to the warehouse till the weekend.

Not sure who stationZ is but if he did change his name and is included on this buy he will most likely mule my sacks back to the island considering we live in the same town, if this guy posted in the wrong thread then ill be seeing you on sunday as long as thats ok with you norie.

comfirmed confirmed. Are you taking jonTWR's stuff too?

station Z is zack K I got his stuff at my place. so just to confirm norie you are picking up for yourself jonTWR & Johnnyhitch?

I'm finishing my MA thesis that is due at the end of the week, so my pickup will have to wait til then, probably Friday. That cool?

keepitcold said:
station Z is zack K I got his stuff at my place. so just to confirm norie you are picking up for yourself jonTWR & Johnnyhitch?

Yup that is right. I think I should pick up Kroach01 grain too since we are splitting with jonTWR. Are you cool with that Kroach01? Keepitcold I will be at the warehouse at 10am.

Yup that is right. I think I should pick up Kroach01 grain too since we are splitting with jonTWR. Are you cool with that Kroach01? Keepitcold I will be at the warehouse at 10am.

That would be best if you took those bags that need splitting everything is on pallets jonTWR is on one yourself and johnnyhitch on another and the third pallet has the bags that need splitting on the top of the another. If you'd like i can meet you there in the AM

keepitcold said:
thats fine ill let my friend know.

Let your friend know that I will pick up at 10am please. By the way I am working with John who just left Kelso at Rockaway Brewing. He said you two have met.

keepitcold said:
That would be best if you took those bags that need splitting everything is on pallets jonTWR is on one yourself and johnnyhitch on another and the third pallet has the bags that need splitting on the top of the another. If you'd like i can meet you there in the AM

That would be awesome if we could meet. I can get there earlier if you like. I could use the help loading my SUV.

@greenrhino they didnt put in your cz-pils . I already emailed them telling them to send it out.@greenrhino @anth @flyingingfinbar When will you guys be picking up?

keepitcold said:
@greenrhino they didnt put in your cz-pils . I already emailed them telling them to send it out.@greenrhino @anth @flyingingfinbar When will you guys be picking up?

Earlyish Friday cool? Like late morning/noonish?

keepitcold said:

Thursday between 12-4. Does that work for you?

Hmmmm, Does not make a whole lotta sense to do 2 pickups. I thought I was going to come today at 10am but I guess I'll wait until you hear back from them on the missing bag, how they are shipping it and when it will come in. If they are drop shipping it UPS can we have it sent to my commercial address?
That'll will save you the hassle of tracking it, emailing me when it arrives and me emailing you when I can get over to the warehouse, you emailing your friend that i ma coming......

Anthony Accardi

@Norie_ and @Johnnyhitch1 -- sorry for any confusion--yeah, this is Zack K. keepitcold will take home and babysit my grains until Saturday, but I'll PM you both to see if I can still help mule to Huntington Station for Johnnyhitch1 since I'll be in Brooklyn Saturday anyway.

Back