The results are in for my first AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On brew day for my very first AG batch, I thought everything went horribly. Less than 50% efficiency, so I though all was last. But I finished the brew and today got to taste Mein Hefe and I've got to say, it's really good. It's only 3.1% ABV, so I can drink it all day and not feel a thing :rockin: Just a little encouragement for those who think their brew went to ****, it'll all turn out good in the end.

On brew day for my very first AG batch, I thought everything went horribly. Less than 50% efficiency, so I though all was last. But I finished the brew and today got to taste Mein Hefe and I've got to say, it's really good. It's only 3.1% ABV, so I can drink it all day and not feel a thing :rockin: Just a little encouragement for those who think their brew went to ****, it'll all turn out good in the end.

good work (seriously). Review your recipe and proceedure, ask help here where needed, and your process and beer will improve. :mug:

That's good. I am still about 2 weeks away from having a bottle of my first AG, i am nervous because it smelled cidery at bottling time.

Congrats!! Sometimes it takes a few batches to get in a groove and get the numbers dialed in. But a 3.1% session beer is fine just the same. :mug:

Thanks guys. I am going to wait until I have the equipment to do 6-7 gallon boils before I do another all-grain batch, but damn it was fun. Can't wait to do it again.

Back