Another Analog Johnson Control question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptKiRkLeS

Reaction score
I've looked for the answer but had no luck finding it so if it's out there please post the link.

I have the controller hooked up to a 5 Cu Ft kenmore chest freezer. The dial on the freezer is turned to the coldest setting and the controller is set at 44 degrees. The lowest reading on the digital thermometer is 38.5 and the highest is 51.8. So my questions are: Can you adjust the range and if not, will a ~14 degree swing affect kegged beer?

Thanks

The inside temp of your freezer is fluctuating almost 13 degrees each cycle? Where is the probe of your temp control sitting?

It's close to the bottom, originally it was about in the middle. I'm not sure if it's each cycle. Those are the readings for the highest and lowest readings on memory.

Oh, can you clear it? My analog controller has a 4 degree variance. I wonder if your reading memory includes times where you had the lid open for a bit. I hang my temp probe right around the middle of mine. Not sure why or if it makes a difference though.

Seems weird. I just have the analog controller with no digital reading. Are the 2 probes near each other?

Back