The Nook - Huntsville, AL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersh

Reaction score
I'm on a business trip in Huntsville and I read about The Nook, so I stopped in there tonight and had a great time... If you ever find yourself in Huntsville, make sure you stop by The Nook!

My first pint was the flagship brew from a new Huntsville brewery called Blue Pants Brewery, an American red ale called Knickerbacker red. It was a very nice red ale, plenty of cascade hops present with a nice malty backbone and a longlasting frothy head.

I then decided to do a couple sampler platters, each consisting of 4 beers of your choice, 5 oz pours per beer.... My first 4 were... Straight to Ale Black IPA, Straight to Ale Laika's Imperial Stout, Rogue Double Chocolate Stout, and Straight to Ale's Monkeynaut IPA. All of the beers were great, however my favorites were the Laika's Imperial Stout and the Rogue Double Choc Stout... the Black IPA and Monkeynaut IPA were good but both were missing something...

My second sampler platter was excellent as well, I had St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, Wild Heaven Ode to Mercy Ale, Brasserie Caracole Nostradamus, and Straight to Ale Lily Flagg Milk Stout. The Ode to Mercy and Nostradamus ales were both to die for....

So long story short, any trips to Huntsville need to include a visit to The Nook, it's a great place to find a bunch of local Alabama and Georgia beers!

Back