PID + BCS-460 what's the advantage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger9913

Reaction score
I purchased 2 PID's do use in my current electric build, however after purchasing them I stumbled upon the BCS-460 and I am going to purchase one of these next week. Just wondering what the pros/cons there are by using these together? By adding the PID's am I complicating my setup or should I just use the BCS-460

I am using a HERMS system with a BK, MLT, and HLT

I just started using my BCS-460 For controlling my HERMS and Fermenting chamber and will be using it to control HLT. It does a great job.

I was just wondering because other people are using their PID's in conjunction with the BCS, and also there is a section on BCS website about using PID's so I was just curious if there were any advantages to using both.

I was just wondering because other people are using their PID's in conjunction with the BCS, and also there is a section on BCS website about using PID's so I was just curious if there were any advantages to using both.

Right, the BCS contains PIDs, they are built in, I think this is what they are referring to.

You cant use PIDs in "conjunction" with the BCS, they are totally separate and would have to operate totally separately.

You can have the BCS, and PIDs, but they will not be linked.

I have not seen anyone use a BCS and separate PIDs, as they are redundant.

Back