Hello from Metro Detroit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishkid

Reaction score
I've been stalking for a few weeks now and thought it was finally time to join in on all of the fun.

Well, where do I start? My Dad brewed 20 batches back about 15 years ago, all extract, so when I realized my love for barley pops, I had access to the equipment for some basic brewing.

I brewed my first batch back in February of this year with my girlfriend's brother-in-law. We hit the LHBS and picked up a Brewer's Best American Amber kit. It was an extract kit with 8oz of Crystal 60L to steep and it was a fun first batch but we ultimately wanted to go all grain.

Our second batch we decided to jump right in to the good stuff and converted an old rectangular coleman cooler and brewed a porter based on an AG recipe from my Dad's mid-90s Papazian book. Since this batch, I've been hooked! :rockin:

As you can see in my sig, we've done a couple more batches and of course had to try a batch of Edwort's Apfelwein. I've also been slowly collecting all of the pieces to convert a 10 Gallon Rubbermaid cooler, i.e. bulkhead, false bottom, etc...

When I get situated with some webspace or upgrade my account, I'll post some pictures of my beers and my equipment.

Cheers! :mug:

Curt

Hey! Thanks for the welcomes! I see a couple of you live close by! I grew up in Roseville (10 & 94ish) but now I live out in Oak Park.

There seems to be a huge Detroit/Michigan contingent on this site, more than other states based on my observation.

Any other Detroit (city) brewers out there?

Cheers Curt, I finally got on here. Whenever you want to go on that English Brown Ale, I have a shopping list! See ya, I may just go and get everything tomorrow. - John

Back