Score!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Reaction score
While tromping around town trying to locate someone that carried apple juice, or any other juice, in a 1 gallon glass jug. I wanted to make some mead but I wanted to keep the batches small to experiment. I'd finally given up and went to where I normally buy my homebrew supplies to buy a new 1 gal carboy. Well they had 6 gal, 5 gal, 3 gal and a hole where the 1 gal were supposed to be. I asked the kid at the counter, and sure enough they were sold out. Aaaaarrgghh. I'm getting ready to walk, when the owner comes out and walks me over to a stack of boxes. Turns out another customer of his had dropped off 14 empty Carlos and Rossi bottles, to see if anyone would buy them. I offered $1 a bottle, and he accepted. I picked up 4 that day, and may go back for another 4 tomorrow. They cleaned up great and my universal stopper slipped in with a little persuading.

Anyone that may be in Erie Co, PA and is looking for these bottles, stop in at The Beer and Pop Warehouse on Peninsula Dr. They are near the front of the store, just ask at the counter.

Oh yeah, I started an Orange Blossom Mead this weekend as well!!

Nice find! I'd love to have some of these for small batches as the 1.36L bottles I have now just aren't enough!

Back