Lucky- get to work at home!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, our hospital is undergoing a huge reconstruction project and I'm only working very part-time as the Lifeline program manager. There is no room for me at the hospital, so my office is moving home. I work from home often, anyway, so that's not really why I'm so excited.

I can sit here in my home office, and listen to "blurp, blurp, blurp" from the three primaries in here, and Chris Cornell on my IPOD speakers. My life so rocks right now!

(I'm thinking that "they" know I'm about a year away from retirement, but if I like my sweet deal, I'll stay indefinitely. They are correct!)

Not good Yooper, not good. I think I recall you saying that your kegerator is directly behind your computer,and all you need to do to pull a pint is turn around. You can't go to work druck, you know!!!!

Not good Yooper, not good. I think I recall you saying that your kegerator is directly behind your computer,and all you need to do to pull a pint is turn around. You can't go to work druck, you know!!!!

Haha- I forgot I told you that. I'll just have to lock those taps until 5 PM.

The good news is that my office is at least 30 feet from the coffee pot, so I'm going to be getting a little exercise in the morning.

Man, that'd be the death of me. I'd work like a fuggin demon, triple time, so I could do a days work by noon, then spend the afternoon brewing. In fact, I've done just that before. "hey guys, I'm working from home today". Done by noon. Mashed in by 12:30. :D

Man, that'd be the death of me. I'd work like a fuggin demon, triple time, so I could do a days work by noon, then spend the afternoon brewing. In fact, I've done just that before. "hey guys, I'm working from home today". Done by noon. Mashed in by 12:30. :D

I concur! My setup it similar to how Yooper's was described. One 180 degree turn of the chair and I'm pulling from the Sanyo. I'd never get anything done but brewing and drinking.

That sounds great. I'd be entirely too tempted by the idea of a liquid lunch of "knowledge juice" to aide workplace productivity and comradery (even if it was just me at home). :mug:

Nay.....it would just make work more fun. I agree, I'd be too tempting to just go about work European style...one cold beer for lunch....OK, maybe just one more....OK, one more cold beer and I REALLY got to get back to work....

A very close friend -- ahem -- has been known to brew while working from home. There's a fair amount of downtime during the mash and boil when one can do various computer- and phone-based work. And IIRC, this friend may have indulged in an early-afternoon pint or two, to smooth the multitasking.

;)

Working at home is great... I don't have the 180deg beer thing set up (yet...), but it is still nice. The only problem I have is working too much -I happen to *love* what I do for a living and it can easily derail into an "all nighter".

The bad thing about working mostly "from home" is that you get pretty isolated. So, running my own company for a couple of years I've really come to apriciate working in proximity with other people.

The best thing with running my own buissness is that I've arranged for a *drumroll* 10 week vacation this summer (ahh, you have no idea how great it feels to say that...)!

H

Working from home rocks...I do it 2 days a week. I usually do as Evan describes and bust a$$ for the first half of the day and go into reactive mode in the second half. I actually tend to goof around more in the office than at home. I've only brewed once while working at home...but I may have a had a beer at lunch on occasion...

I work from home, 7 days a week! I look forward to having to drive to the US PO to mail something.

Back