Post your smokehouse pics here, please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnTheBrewist

Reaction score
I've been using a "Big Chief" electric smoker for years, but it's really too small to hang the sausage in properly, and I end up having to do it in batches on the racks.

I want to build a small smokehouse in the backyard, something along the lines of 4'x4'x6'. I was thinking to build a frame and use untreated T&G pine, but I'd like to get some ideas of what others have done. I'd also like to know what you use as a smoke generator (i.e a separate smoke pot plumbed to the smokehouse, burner right underneath, etc.

Thanks,

Moose

This is a sh!tty picture, but I would love one of these! :drunk:

smoker3.jpg

My brother sent me that pic, I figured it would never have a spotlight moment, I figured wrong! can I get my bacon with a side of pink-eye?? :D

My brother sent me that pic, I figured it would never have a spotlight moment, I figured wrong! can I get my bacon with a side of pink-eye?? :D

I've seen offset smokers made out of nasty refers, oil/chemical drums, dilapidated sheds and even a modified plastic outdoor kids playhouse. But that is by far the nastiest thing I have seen in the area. Who's up for an attic ham from the outhouse? Just wrong!

Latest posts

Back