Suggestions for shipping Utopias (8 bottles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
Finding Utopias in central Florida is a crap shoot and when you are lucky enough to find one, the price reflects how few there have been.

Someone in Providence has gathered 8 bottles/boxes of Utopias for several of my friends and I. Short of driving, are there any other options?

I know UPS is commonly used to ship beer. If this were a single bottle I may take my chances. However, something of this value would need to be insured. That just wouldn't be an option with UPS since the rep I spoke to said they won't knowingly ship alcohol.

Thouhts?

(I'd better gas up the car, huh?)

utopias.jpg

I use Fedex for all of my trades, and have never had a problem. And they have insurance options. Most of the time they ask how much your shipment is worth, and if something were to happen, you could be reimbursed. I refuse to use UPS. I've had issues with them.

FWIW/IMO, the premise of insurance coverage is that what you're shipping is insurable under the rules of the game. Point being, don't be lulled into a false sense of security by getting insurance if...

1. The item being shipped is not as disclosed.
2. It's a $hitty packing job.

Back