• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Corona Style Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunlock

Reaction score
Missed the boat on the last one....lol

If anyone has any grain mills left over, please send me a PM(fills up quick) or an email at: timbrice32 at hotmail dot com

I really need to start buying in bulk, but need a reasonable mill first.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

I have a corona and have had one for 5 years now. I make great beer with it, but have wondered that had I bought a roller mill, would my beer been all the better.
If I had had access to the knowledge I have now, I probably would have bought a roller mill.

Having said that, if your area has a Mexican population, then any Mexican food store should carry a corona or knockoff of one for fairly cheap.

keep watching ebay. they pop up cheaper than discount tommy on occasion. i think i got mine for $10-15 shipped? i forget what i paid. Once you have it set right, it does a nice job on conditioned malt.

Somebody around here ought to have one after upgrading. It will be all adjusted for beer too.

All GREAT points!

I will have to keep an eye out everywhere, I guess!...lol

Thanks everyone!

:mug:

It didn't take too long to set mine up. I think it does a great job for 1/5 the cost as a roller mill. I bought mine from discounttommy for $21 shipped. He was having a special with free shipping or something.

Sometimes I too wonder if a roller mill would improve my beer. Then I think of the the many other things that are cheaper and more likely to improve the final outcome. In the end I think I get very very close to the quality of a roller mill crush.

I would put my Corona crush up against a roller mill any day, any time. In fact, I WILL NOT use the LHS roller mill even for small, specialty purchases. I will take the time to clean my corona and run em through.

I set mine up in a Homer bucket, and I can mill in the family room in front of the TV and noone will be annoyed from dust. I also added some ductwork for a 10-11 lb capacity hopper:
megahopper.jpg

Not motorized yet, just waiting to catch a cordless drill at a yard sale this season.

Corona's! Corona's everywhere, but not a single one for me!..LMAO

Nice Mods fellas!

PM sent. I have one that has been shimmed and modded with the bolt. Works good, just bought a monster mill.

And Thanks to ReelAle, this is done!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Back