for those who might care

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed Frespire on mine last night, had the same problem, Bill Gates got up with me and XP wouldn't run anymore, so a buddy of mine talked me into Freespire. We just loaded it up and it took over the whole hard drive. Now I need to learn it, it looks pretty cool.

Ubuntu has a partitioner so you can duel boot. Thats what I've been doing for a little while comma until I get use to linux. Excuse me while I go update. I know once I turn my back all of you will go wild.;)

seefresh said:
I"ve been meaning to install this on my desktop. The windows is dead on that computer. Any ideas how to completely erase windows and install ubuntu?

totally...

all you have to do is download the iso, burn it, get the bios to boot off it in the cdrom drive, then do the install gui thing. (it should be on the desktop) It'll ask you about partitioning, and just say the whole drive!
WARNING: YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THAT DATA!!!!
one more time..
WARNING: YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THAT DATA!!!!

of course you can back up anything you want to save first.

Just download the iso and then burn it to a cd and reboot. Once your on the desktop, double click the install icon.

yeah the ubuntu community is crazy. There's were over 1500 people in the IRC channel last night waiting for the release.

The site is getting hammered for requests to download the iso so don't be surprised if it's a little slow.

Seefresh, if the drive works and it isn't completely dead, run the live CD that you burned on the ISO and it has an install option. I've done it a few times, ran it on my laptop but it just wasn't something i could use on a regular basis because of programs i needed for classes.

Back