08-08-08 RIS - One year later

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any?

I have one of each left from our swap and a few of mine.

I'll be out of town over the weekend, so I wont be able to post day of.

Anyone else?

Same exact story here. One each from every recipient (Evan!, brewt00l, and Trencher) but am out of town at the moment.

Although I had another one of Evan!'s about a month ago when I met up with him briefly when I was in VA and it was damn fine. Packaged well - no hints of oxidation. Low carb, and had a nice smoky note that had developed. Went down too easy for a beer >8%.

ETA: I have about 10 of my own as well.

I have about 7-8 of my own in the cellar and moved 2 of them into the fridge this morning.

I think I know what I shall be sipping on tomorrow night.

Now...if only I could find a recording of the opening ceremonies from last year.

I had one tonight. I had carbonation issues with my 888's, and this one was by far the least carbonated. The aroma was incredible - the pour exploded with the scent of what can only be described as chocolate caramel sauce. The flavor is still very complex with a big, roasty bite (my accidental substitution of Carafa III is quite evident). Prost!

I had one from Chriso, Professor Frink and my own and shared them among 3 friends. Couldn't find the other one I had.

All three held up amazinngly well with mine and Chriso, having the most chocolately flavor. Frinks carbonation was the most resilient, with mine being the least carbonated.

Let me tell you, our final blend of all 3 was spectacular.

I have three with me here, and another 12 of mine down in Carolina.

I am going to move mine (underhopped) and the one I have left from Biermuncher to the fridge sometime this week. The one I left from Evets I am going to cellar for another year, the first one was incredible.

I still have 1 bottle from each of my senders, to be reviewed. I have no idea when I'll do it... but I'll do it soon enough. (Was going to do it on 8/8 but I was busy with family. Then I got sick with the plague, and didn't feel like beer for a couple of weeks.)

Have a few of mine left, I'll have to go check the closet but I think I have 2 bottles of mine left? 3 bottles? I gave a couple away at a local brew club meeting, as a prize for a contest.

olllllo, Yuri, I'm glad mine kept all right for both of you! I was so happy that mine came out heavy on chocolate and light on the dried fruits.

Back