newb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is.

Actually there is a thread I started here in the Techniques Forum on neat tricks you have learned, and one person has posted that he makes dog treats from the trub at the bottom.

But it is okay to put down the drain, I usually go out to the woods behind my apt and pour them there. Good nutrients for the soil and such.

Yes it is.

Actually there is a thread I started here in the Techniques Forum on neat tricks you have learned, and one person has posted that he makes dog treats from the trub at the bottom.

I thought hops were bad for dogs. Or, is that not true?

(I don't have a dog, so I never paid much attention to that info)

Dog treats are made from the spent grains during the initial brewing process.... not the trub at the bottom of the primary. Just pitch it down the drain or use the yeast... no doggie treats from that crud.

By the way, my otherwise VERY picky dog has so far loved her Peanut Butter Grain treats. Made my first batch on Friday....

If you are going to dump it in the garden dilute it first, i almost killed a small plant with 2 doses of yeast cake.
Preferably, dilute it and spread it out a little.

Apparently spent grains make great bread.

Back