unpasturized cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
word. I always k-meta mine. I've got one that was ferm'ed with S-04 that is clearing now, and another that I separated a gallon from, added Wyeast Forbidden Fruit to the main 4 gals, and I plan on adding lacto and brett-L to the single gallon as an experiment. I get my cider stupid cheap ($2.85/gal) so it just makes too much sense. I also added some lactose to this latest batch, so I'm gonna see how that turns out. My other batch finished very low, 1.001, so this one, I'm hoping, ends around 1.008+/-. Also very interested to see how the forbidden fruit works on cider...

You guys should try to hunt around for a press and a farm. Buy seconds, they are usually cheap or you can just drive around the country and pick apples from abandoned trees. I get my cider pressed for $10 for the first 20 gallons and $.80 each gallon thereafter or something like that. It's a fun experience to boot.

Yeah, I am a student, living over north of campus these days. Been here for 5 years now, but haven't ventured around looking for farmer's market kind of selections. I will definitely check that out, and assuming I am in town this weekend, I will be stopping by on this saturday. I used to live across the river, down on 3rd, so I should be fine finding my way around.

Back