Weird changing pressure on regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DReimerMT

Reaction score
This is the first time I have kegged my beer. After putting gas lines on my kegs I turned the pressure up to 10 psi. Checked the gauge ab 2 hours later and gauge reads 20 psi. I unhook the gas line, release pressure from kegs, set regulator back at 0 and reconnect and turn up the regulator to find pressure at 15 psi 30 minutes later. Temp is at a steady 40 degrees and CO2 tank is in the keezer. What is going on?

I think I might have figured it out. The regulator I have is really touchy and even thought it might look like it is at a steady pressure it is still slowly rising. Solution is to make very very small adjustments and get a less touchy regulator.

I think I might have figured it out. The regulator I have is really touchy and even thought it might look like it is at a steady pressure it is still slowly rising. Solution is to make very very small adjustments and get a less touchy regulator.

The pressure fluctuates because you have the CO2 tank inside the keezer. If your setup was outside the keezer you probably wouldn't see this happening. I get the same thing because my setup is inside my kegerator.

Ahh good to know. When I get a collar built I will be able to move the tank outside the keezer.

The pressure fluctuates because you have the CO2 tank inside the keezer. If your setup was outside the keezer you probably wouldn't see this happening. I get the same thing because my setup is inside my kegerator.

That's interesting.
I just thought my regulator was a piece of junk.

Back