Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I used that before I put a stopper on the drain of the drip tray. My wife would like that I used the measuring cup.."Just one beer that's all".
:mad:

Ok, I'm a lightweight! But SWMBO says that size matters and in this case she wanted small. Picked up a mini frig that measures 18 wide by 18 deep by 32 tall. With the door shelves removed it fits two small corny’s and a 5lb CO2 tank. She’s happy, I’m happy, life is good!

Kegerator1.jpg

Kegerator2.jpg

I think you could remove that freezer box and the lower shelf and fit 2 five gallon cornies and the CO2 tank. It would still be smaller on the outside, but the inside would be four gallons BIGGER:mug:

here is my creation i just got it 100% mechanically complete and poured my first beer from the keg today. i need the pretty stuff for it tap handles drip tray etc.
this was my build a kegerator for under 100 bucks which i did it was almost close and went over budget. this was an old pop machine i got from my old job i stripped out the internals, got the dual tower from a buddy that owed me money, and a friend donated 2 cornys to the cause. the only thing i had to purchase was tubing, the co2 and 2 way distributor, and the post connects. i have an all amarillo ipa and a pumpkin ale on tap.

1419286627_33a6d2e8f5.jpg

1419286757_fada6ec09a.jpg

1420171102_60f5bfda40.jpg

1419287015_2421bdb168.jpg

This little creation does the trick, and looks ok in the pub too. Holds 3 and the CO2.

Kegerator1.jpg

OpenKegerator.jpg

On tap:
Vanilla Porter
Irish Ale

On deck:
Smithwicks

Fessler74 said:
This little creation does the trick, and looks ok in the pub too. Holds 3 and the CO2.

Kegerator1.jpg

OpenKegerator.jpg

On tap:
Vanilla Porter
Irish Ale

On deck:
Smithwicks

You got any pictures of the build-up of that thing? Very nice. :mug:

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Flyin' Lion said:
You got any pictures of the build-up of that thing? Very nice. :mug:

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Nice indeed. I noticed there is a gap between the plywood and the sides of the freezer to allow for some airflow. Did you liquid nail those 2 x 4 spacers to the side of the freezer? Also, how much does that lid weigh?

I finally got around to putting a drip tray on. 14" SS drywall pan and some magnets and...done.

I caulked the inner joints with some clear silicone to prevent corrosion at those welds.

It's strong enough to hold a beer glass, but I need to rig a rigid screen and adapt the magnets so the thing sits level. For the time being though, it beats a plastic pale on the ground.

Freezer_WTaps_4.JPG

Freezer_WTaps_5.JPG

Nice, Bier.

When I'm ready, I'll make you an offer: I'll fix your keggle if you come up and help me build my kegerator.

mine is almost finished, those %$#^(*(*'s at lowes sold me some weather stripping that said was 17' long but it was only 9' 6"!!!! now i have to make another trip to finish sealing up the door! lol well here it is in the not finished stage.

ATT00001.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

i repainted the inside, it would start to get condensation in it and then it would start rusting from those scrape marks. so i took my sander feather sanded all those marks and along with some rusteolium white paint went to town on it, it looks brand new now :)

Nice Blefferd.

You'll be glad you grouped those taps together. Makes getting kegs in and out easier, and you'll be able to get a single drip tray under there.

You get that CO2 tank outside the keezer, and it looks like you'll have room for eight cornies in there.

thanks, my orginal set up was a ceramic tower. but i like the collar better.

it will hold 8 cornies actually 9-10 if i run my tank on the oustide and put 2 cornies on the compressor hump LOL the collar is 6" tall so the cornies just fit on the hump with no issues. right now im only going to have set up for max of 4.

im also thinking about getting a pony keg of my favorite amercian lager, Natural Light(brewed for a naturally smooth taste) and setting it up 3 home brews and one BMC so when people come over they can have a choice of what to drink.

This was taken before an Oktoberfest. We don't normally drink 1 liter at a time :drunk:

Soulive21

I plan on getting a driptray and some forward sealing faucets

BierMuncher said:
I finally got around to putting a drip tray on. 14" SS drywall pan and some magnets and...done.

I caulked the inner joints with some clear silicone to prevent corrosion at those welds.

It's strong enough to hold a beer glass, but I need to rig a rigid screen and adapt the magnets so the thing sits level. For the time being though, it beats a plastic pale on the ground.
:off:

Hey BierMuncher, that looks mighty familiar! Just a suggestion, but I used a block of wood that I ripped the angle onto and mounted that to my door.

I know that you have coils to worry about but a good adhesive should do the trick. Here are a few pics to help illustrate.
8240-100_0863.JPG

8240-100_0861.JPG

8240-100_0860.JPG

If you cut some keyholes in the drip tray (as shown in my original post, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=30871),
you can easily remove it for cleaning. If you have any questions or concerns drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help.

olllllo said:
You can also use this magnet from Ikea. Very Strong:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00110353

The problem is that the pan itself does not have vertical walls. A flat mounting surface would just cause all of your glasses to fall to the ground.:(
Those two buttons may help wedge it out somewhat but also, maybe not. I also found that the top back edge of the pan should be about 1/2" from the wall of the kegerator in order to center it directly under your taps.

HighPlainsDrifter said:
The problem is that the pan itself does not have vertical walls. A flat mounting surface would just cause all of your glasses to fall to the ground.:(
Those two buttons may help wedge it out somewhat but also, maybe not. I also found that the top back edge of the pan should be about 1/2" from the wall of the kegerator in order to center it directly under your taps.

Actually in conjunction to what you have done! Route out a place for the magnet!

olllllo said:
Actually in conjunction to what you have done! Route out a place for the magnet!
That's what I was thinking HPD.

I'm trying to avoid drilling or using an adhesive that would mar the surface.

Routing out some rectangular holes in a block like you have for my four magnets, gluing the magnets in and then anchoring them to the pan with some machine screws would workk pretty well. Then I could just slap the assembly on anywhere I wanted.

Made some changes to my wimpy 2 1/2 gallon corny set up, so figured I'd show it off here. Put separate regulators on the kegs, added a fan and got the CO2 out of the kegerator. The neighbors were throwing out the basket. Fit my 5lb tank perfect and got some of the clutter out of the frig. The fan works great. Before I had to keep the temperature setting at 5 to keep my beer around 40 degrees and the cooling element frosted up pretty quick. Now the setting is a little over 1 and no frost.

Kegerator3.jpg

Kegerator4.jpg

Kegerator5.jpg

anoldur, where did you get that carboy holder, looks like it dumps the carboy over? thats pretty sweet. Oh and your keg set-up is sweet.

Cheers

anoldur, where did you get that carboy holder, looks like it dumps the carboy over? thats pretty sweet. Oh and your keg set-up is sweet.

Gotta love the SWMBO. She came back from a yard sale with it, complete with 5 gallon carboy. Paid five bucks for it! :ban:

Another 4912 conversion, but it's mine.

10254-SmallKegerator.JPG

Haven't kegged a batch yet, but I have some Apfelwein working. Cheers!

thomcat333 said:
Another 4912 conversion, but it's mine.

10254-SmallKegerator.JPG

Haven't kegged a batch yet, but I have some Apfelwein working. Cheers!

Building mine in about 2 weeks when I get some free time in my schedule - should look identical to this; dual regulators and forward seal faucets included! :rockin:

I've been looking forward to posting to this thread for a long while now and I finally can. :D I've finished the build up of my kegerator (and even posted a how-to for the model on the wiki). Thanks to Biermuncher for the PVC tower inspiration, it has worked out great for me (for the record the tower isn't crooked, it's just the picture :D).

5408-finished_kegerator.jpg

bradsul said:
I've been looking forward to posting to this thread for a long while now and I finally can. :D I've finished the build up of my kegerator (and even posted a how-to for the model on the wiki). Thanks to Biermuncher for the PVC tower inspiration, it has worked out great for me (for the record the tower isn't crooked, it's just the picture :D).

5408-finished_kegerator.jpg

Lookin' good Bradsul, nice work with the wiki, too.

Question for the guys that have the "rails" along the back/sides of their fridge...
Where did you get them from? I've been looking for some for a bit now and haven't been able to find any!

Thanks

capcrnch said:
Question for the guys that have the "rails" along the back/sides of their fridge...
Where did you get them from? I've been looking for some for a bit now and haven't been able to find any!

I think Buford is the one who originally found these from Lee Valley Tools.

You'll want one 488mm at $10.80, and two 232mm at $6.60 each.

Lee Valley Tools

EdWort said:
Here ya go. First shot is with my $3 Lowes table legs which some folks thought looked like a Doc Johnson product. :D

NewKegerator.jpg

I then got my custom made handles on there. There is a guy in San Antonio who makes these. He'll burn in any inscription you wish.

4569-NewTapHandles.jpg

4569-NewTapHandles2.jpg

Hey Edwort, do you have a link or some info on the guy who made your tap handles? I'd like to get some made..Thanks. Not the Doc Johnsons..

Here's mine, currently serving (from L-R) - Oatmeal Stout - Dunkelweizen - Nut Brown - Amber Ale:

IMGP0031.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

- GL63 :rockin:

I noticed most of your fridge sizes are similar... is there a size fridge that is best if I want a 1 or maybe 2 keg system? I just ordered my keg system, which hasn't arrived, so I don't even know the dimensions of the cornelius. I am currently shopping for a fridge to get started on that project. Any info on sizes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jasper

JasperMac said:
I noticed most of your fridge sizes are similar... is there a size fridge that is best if I want a 1 or maybe 2 keg system? I just ordered my keg system, which hasn't arrived, so I don't even know the dimensions of the cornelius. I am currently shopping for a fridge to get started on that project. Any info on sizes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jasper

With the help of a few nice people on this forum(Orpheus), I converted a Sanyo 4912 mini fridge. It holds 2 corny kegs and a C02 tank..Perfect for me to get started in kegging.

Back