What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Imperial Spruce Pilsner while brewing Shorts Bloody Beer clone

ForumRunner_20130116_173422.jpg

Had a few Budweisers earlier (I know, go ahead, let me have it, they were free at the hotel!), but now I am enjoying a homebrewed Deception Cream Stout!

A bottle my buddy gave me that he got from a distributor. Probably better fresh, but still pretty damn good!

ForumRunner_20130116_180924.jpg

Figueroa Mountain Danish Style Red Lager. Still no sleep, must drink more beer, keep those blood sugars up, the complex carbohydrates, and b vitamins up.

Just drank my last pint of oatmeal stout today (shared it with my pot of stew). Half way through a Riptide IPA keg(own recipe), kegged an ESB in #2, and pitched a Tankhouse Pale clone.

Rogue "Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale"...

Have to say - what the hell is going on with this beer?! Is it sweet? Is it bitter? Does it have aroma abounding? Is it malty?

Yes. Yes to all.

Do I "like it"?!?... jury is out...

image-4088530062.jpg

"Toast" from Moonlight brewing. A slightly burnt lager. Pretty good, a little like a Maibock with a little roasted barley.

I've also got a six of Lagunitas Sucks :drunk:

Just got my hands on some Stone Enjoy By 2.15.13 at Capone's in Norristown (for all of you PA HBT'ers)

Incredible! I need to find more of this.

bottlebomber said:
Are you finally not dying?

Still not feeling back to normal, but sometimes you just have to say, eff it I'm having a beer!
It's been a week since my last one so I was ready. And this one is going down nice, tastes like sweet hop candy.

Echt Kriekenbier, Brewed by Brouwerij Verhaeghe in Vichte Belgium. This stuff has a nice tart cherry fore end and a medium malt finish, nice carbonation and little head.

Picked up a growler of Wrecked Alley from Karl Strauss today, just cracked the lid and cannot wait to enjoy while I transfer my breakfast stout.

Ostomo517 said:
I absolutely love it, its one of my favorite beers. Bummer you got a bad batch (usually not a prob here I live a stones throw from Founders) You should definately give it a fair shot.

I too really dig Red's rye as well! I would like that post but I can't find the like button on the mobile app!

Oh yea, had an Avery Kaiser tonight. It really, really motivates me to brew the clone I like it so much!

I'm really enjoying this one! Great hop flavor from the Citra and excelent malt balance with a complex flavor that has a caramel finish I'm digging a lot.

ForumRunner_20130116_195743.jpg

Bells Hopslam bottle date 1/4/13

Really surprised at the level of hoppiness of this beer. I know I know it is a hop-slam! But it literally smells like a freshly opened bag of hops. I feel like it has more of a hop taste than last year's which I didn't really like, but wasn't as fresh as this. I think I'm going to have to shell out another $17 for a sixer. Well worth it!

ForumRunner_20130116_221124.png

2ShortHairs said:

Really surprised at the level of hoppiness of this beer. I know I know it is a hop-slam! But it literally smells like a freshly opened bag of hops. I feel like it has more of a hop taste than last year's which I didn't really like, but wasn't as fresh as this. I think I'm going to have to shell out another $17 for a sixer. Well worth it!

My store is supposed to get it Friday. I can't wait to have it again. For some reason, I remember a slight honey aftertaste to it. Am I crazy?

Ska Euphoria-it is. Kentucky Ale-not bad. Now a Sprecher IIPA-kinda weird but not too bad,maybe not that great.

My store is supposed to get it Friday. I can't wait to have it again. For some reason, I remember a slight honey aftertaste to it. Am I crazy?

No,its made with honeymalt I believe from what I remember. Ill be looking around for it.:mug:

Had it on tap a couple nights ago, its even more aromatic on tap, just reeks of hops.... I say better than last year by a mile.

Latest posts

Back