I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the show itself. The link is to the episode.

It sucks that something I like (the BN) would diss something else I like (HBT).

Opinions are like ********

Was the criticism that it was overly dramatic? (it's what I saw someone on the BN forums say). Because... yeah? So was IAACB (I actually wasn't a huge fan of the original). Can someone transcribe/paraphrase for those of us at work?

I sent along a reminder (as he requested) to James at BBR, so we should hopefully get a shoutout on the next episode. In doing so, I came up with some stats: 22 brewers from 13 states (with two nonresponding) were a part of this video. Damn.

I'll get a shot of me when I'm on my laptop later today.

Edit: Oh, and I know chumprock saw this already, but the people olllllo mentioned in his comment on the Examiner article caught the eye of the guy who wrote Red White and Brew. He's been pointed to this thread and I said I really only stood there and looked pretty (a lie in itself); I have no problem (and would be quite happy) promoting this thing wherever I can, but I don't want it to seem like I'm swooping in and hogging the spotlight.

That's cool, I dont like their shows anyway.. *shrug*

I was going to listen for the jab, but I couldnt get past their lame morning show slam on World of Warcraft.

Do some of you people actually listen to this stuff?

That's cool, I dont like their shows anyway.. *shrug*

I was going to listen for the jab, but I couldnt get past their lame morning show slam on World of Warcraft.

Do some of you people actually listen to this stuff?

Never listened to the Sunday Session before. Before I brew a new style I will listen to the Jamil Show and listen to his thoughts on the style. I actually do enjoy that show. I've listened to a few episodes of Brew Strong.

Well, I guess I'll piss on the parade...

The Brewing Network totally flamed it.

WOW!!! They are feeling threatened for some reason! They think they own homebrew?

Missed point ********! According to them, you are only allowed to brew at home if you have a hop grenade T shirt.

Despite what that channel could teach me, I am ditching it. Fook them. They are pathetic.

Their cynicism went a little over the top for my taste. I think their problem was more with the delivery and not the message. whatever. Diff'rnt strokes diff'rnt folks. For the most part I really like their show and have learned a lot as a new brewer. They do pull in a lot of good interviews.

Well, I guess I'll piss on the parade...

The Brewing Network totally flamed it.

Could you let us know around what minute mark it falls at? I downloaded the episode and started to listen, but gave up after I realized they'd managed to spend 20 minutes yapping and hadn't said anything interesting or insightful about beer.

Could you let us know around what minute mark it falls at? I downloaded the episode and started to listen, but gave up after I realized they'd managed to spend 20 minutes yapping and hadn't said anything interesting or insightful about beer.

+1 to this, I don't feel like wasting all that time and just want to waste the time listening to them trash talk us :confused:

Great job guys! This is awesome.

Who cares what the BN ******** say. I like Jamil's stuff, but the Sunday Session is a huge waste of time. If Greg Koch liked it was extremely successful.

It's just prior to the 22 min mark... I'm trying to listen to it right now.

Haven't heard this new show yet, but man, these guys are lame.

Puffy chested dweebs.:rolleyes:

And very little actual beer discussion.

OK... I've never listened to these guys before today. I will probably never listen to them again. I don't care for talk radio to begin with, so maybe that's it, but I don't see what these guys are contributing to the universe.

I like how the guys with the "morning zoo" style show are knocking people making a fun homebrew video.

Since someone said "around the 22 minute mark" - I started in around 20 minutes just to make sure I caught it, and they spent like 2 minutes talking about someone's sunburn and burping into the microphone, then trashing the video for having some background noise.

I actually heard one part where someone seemed to say the point of homebrewing is to just get drunk. Sad. If non-homebrewers ever heard their podcast, they would think we're a bunch of college hooch heads, then say that this video like we're doing a disservice to the homebrew community.

Well I use to listen to this show when they had topics I was interested in. Not anymore. It seems like they are alienating potential listeners and in the end loosing advertising money in the short run even.

To get back on the positive side of things, to everyone else that contributed, and to those that put their time and effort into the writing and editing, well done. It's something I am very proud to be a part of. Thanks to all of you.

To get back on the positive side of things, to everyone else that contributed, and to those that put their time and effort into the writing and editing, well done. It's something I am very proud to be a part of. Thanks to all of you.
You are right. There is a great positive, and a puerile negative from a commercial enterprise that feels it deserves the whole market.

It is a great video that has gained the attention of people in the homebrew community that have everyone's respect and admiration. It gets no better than that. :)

What those BN guys are missing is the fact that it's not just a hobby for most of us. Yeah we all have other jobs, and brew beer on the side. But, we love beer and want everyone to love and appreciate beer as much as we do. I brew beer because I love the taste of quality beer, not to get drunk, well that's not a main reason at least. We are all passionate about HB'ing, otherwise we would not waste all the time and money on this. So, I say, scr** them, GREAT job guys. You guys make me proud to be a Homebrewer, that is what it's all about.

[email protected] < [email protected]>

"I was linked to this show by a member at HomeBrewTalk .com.

Your new show is so totally phony, it reminds me of Bob And Tom, except your show is not funny at all. You are all so totally arrogant and condescending that listening to even get to the point where you talk beer is beyond my ability to tolerate your crassness and childishness.

You guys are so filled up with yourselves, I don't care what info you have to share, getting to it is so ridiculously aggravating, I will no longer try to wade through your overcompensating ragging on others in homebrewing, because of your own insecurities.

**** you guys and your opinions on Warcraft , your lame opinions on the I Am A Homebrewer video, and your better-than-everyone-else comments on anything and everyone else, but yourselves. You are not better than others, although making yourselves feel like that is a crutch you so clearly need to use.

It shows how full of yourselves that you pricks are, that you do not even know that HBT is the largest HomeBrew Forum on the Web, and that a few of the members made, just for the fun of it, a spoof of the original just so members could see each other in the video, FOR FUN. It wasn't to impress you jerkoffs, and your comments have severely changed the way you are perceived by many thousands of avid homebrewers.

I am not a gamer at all, I am not part of the video, and I will never waste my time listening to you kids talk down everyone, because I can learn about beer in a variety of ways.

Thanks for showing your true selves and giving many homebrewers a look at how pretentious you idiots really are.

Get help.You may not see it, but you really need it."

I'm not going to flame them. I just dont get why they would spend the time to flame the vid.

Yes, we are passionate about our hobby. We saw the reaction and interest when the craft brewer video was posted, and thought it would be nice to pay tribute to them, while raising the awareness about our hobby.

I mean, truth be told, outside of these circles, homebrewing is still one of those "mystery" hobbies that a majority of people dont get.

Too bad they missed the point.

Prolly felt good to vent that, but this was all you needed, as they're the type to wear the attacks and insults like a badge.

Henry Hill said:
"...you do not even know that HBT is the largest HomeBrew Forum on the Web, and that a few of the members made, just for the fun of it, a spoof of the original just so members could see each other in the video, FOR FUN. It wasn't to impress you....", "...your comments have severely changed the way you are perceived by many thousands of avid homebrewers."

That part was very well put.

can't we all just get along?
Jason

Thanks for posting the timestamp - looks like I gave up about 2 minutes before the bashing started.

All I can say is.... I'm disappointed. I've always thought that homebrewing is more than a hobby, it's a community. That community has always been supportive, helpful, and informative. Why do they see the need to attack a portion of the community? It's shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't mind honest criticism. I KNOW I've brewed beers that weren't great, and one or two that were downright bad. It's all part of the learning process. The BN episode can't even be considered unhelpful criticism, it's just an attack piece. They really don't even make sense. "The craft brewer video did A. If only they'd done B, it would have been so much better". Then a minute later "The homebrewer video did B, if only they'd done A it would have been so much better". When they ran out of ways to contradict themselves, they resorted to name calling, stereotyping, and bodily function humor. Even the lowest knock-down drag-out fights in the debate forum have sounder logic and a better respect for the participants.

I'm getting myself worked up, and I'm in danger of dragging on and on. To everyone who participated - awesome job. I'm proud to be up there on screen with the rest of you. Major props also to cyberbackpacker for the script, and james for his organizing and editing work.

ps - on the plus side, they did mention the hbt website several times. Any press is good press right?

you do not even know that HBT is the largest HomeBrew Forum on the Web, and that a few of the members made, just for the fun of it, a spoof of the original just so members could see each other in the video, FOR FUN.

Correct for the most part, except when I tweaked the IAACB script it was meant as an homage-- a tribute-- and not a spoof.

An earlier script was submitted by someone else that was conspicuously more "spoof" oriented. My idea was to pay tribute to great beer, and those that make it- craftbrewers and homebrewers.

Homebrewing inspired many to become craftbrewers. In my case, craftbrewing inspired me to homebrew.

Just my .02

Correct for the most part, except when I tweaked the IAACB script it was meant as an homage-- a tribute-- and not a spoof.

An earlier script was submitted by someone else that was conspicuously more "spoof" oriented. My idea was to pay tribute to great beer, and those that make it- craftbrewers and homebrewers.

Homebrewing inspired many to become craftbrewers. In my case, craftbrewing inspired me to homebrew.

Just my .02

I stand corrected-my term was the first that popped into my head, as I was trying to show that it was made for fun.

Let's see more screen shots from the contributors of the contributors.

Seeing what complete dorks you guys are makes me feel like I belong in this group. :)

That was ridiculous. Good job guys!!!! I actually got chills at the end. What a great video! whoever has the RDWHAHB License Plate I envy you! :mug:

Reply from Sam's wife, Mariah:

Hi Rob &#8211; Thanks! I put it up on both our Twitter and our Facebook page &#8211; it&#8217;s great!

Cheers,

Mariah Calagione
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats

Latest posts

Back