Brewcasting tomorrow, 4/23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what style? ill be doing 11g blonde ale tommorow if all goes as planned

no brewcast though

11g of an English style IPA, but breaking it into two boils with two different hops - amarillo and simcoe.

-Joe

11g of an English style IPA, but breaking it into two boils with two different hops - amarillo and simcoe.

-Joe

nice. simcoe/amarillo combo is awesome. if you have a spare carboy or container....you should combine a gallon of each and ferment that also.
3 different brews that way

I should have enough hops leftover for an entire mixed batch. It'll be an IPA summer :)

Also: I'll most likely be wearing my man skirt. So if you want to see me bonnie knees live, now's your chance.

-Joe

Yeah, just tapped them a few days ago. They're both really good, but the amarillo is really outstanding. I love the base IPA recipe.

I think next time I may bitter with the simcoe, do a mix for the 30-minute addition and flameout/dry hop with the amarillo. I like the piney-ness of the simcoe, but it's a bit much all by itself.

-Joe

Back