Sanyo 4912 vs. Sanyo SR-4912M

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay29

Reaction score
Are they exactly the same models? I have started my drill hole in exactly the center of the plastic top with wood in place until the battery went dead on drill while going into the wood. It did not go all the way through yet....Is the freon line still 7 inches from the back? I did not do the starch and alcohol test.....

:drunk:

I wouldn't use model number alone as your guide. Those coils snake back and forth and might not necessarily be consistent even within model lines. I think it's best to use the tequila/cornstarch method or drill from the inside. I like drill from the inside the best - no guessing at all.

I agree with ebeer. I don't think a model number is a good enough guide - It's quite possible that the location of the coolant line is somewhat arbitrary, varying from fridge to fridge, even within the same model. Considering it will only take you a short while to do a cornstarch/alcohol test, there's really no excuse not to. To me, a little bit of my time is well worth the insurance it provides against immediately ruining a $200 fridge which you will NOT be able to return or get repaired.

I did the corn starch trick and it worked!. I didn't need to do it, but possibly losing $200 just because I didn't use corn starch and alcohol would have pissed me off to high heaven! Anyway, my conversion looks great with lucite handles! :) I feel good I did the conversion myself instead of buying one of those CHEAP as hell commercial kegorators. Today I brewed two IPA's; a Magnum (German)and Simcoe and Magnum (German) and Amarillo. Both at about 7% alcohol and 86 IBUS :drunk: :drunk: :rockin:

For some reason my alcohol and corn starch method is not working. What's the trick to getting it to work. I have the temp cranked to max and I'm tried it 3 times with no results. I tried it thick, thin, etc. and it still didn't work.

For some reason my alcohol and corn starch method is not working. What's the trick to getting it to work. I have the temp cranked to max and I'm tried it 3 times with no results. I tried it thick, thin, etc. and it still didn't work.
Are you applying the mix to the metal top skin?
(You have to remove the plastic top.)

Back