What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Founder's KBS.

3 brews in 35 minutes. Jesus take the wheel.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391019024.891329.jpg

My attempted abner clone. Mine is a bit darker. Taste and nose have some similarities but are not close enough for me. Mine is also a bit more bitter at the end. I honestly think BYO magazine pulls recipes out of their ass! I'm going to let the clone sit in the keg for another week and see it changes a bit and mellows. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391024151.145513.jpg

I've had triple B when it first came out. Its been a while but I enjoyed it. Adelberts is a good brewery. Not "rare" because its everywhere down here. I'm sure you will enjoy that one. Need buy them again. Just trying to stay away from bombers right now

Just had Highland Brewing's 'St Therese Gaelic Ale' and it was an excellent pale ale! Just the right malt flavor with quite mild hop character.

Also had Widmer Brothers 'Hop-side Down' IPA. Very good with a bold hop hit up front and a great mid to late burst of malt. The Highland was better I think, at least for the style.

I've had triple B when it first came out. Its been a while but I enjoyed it. Adelberts is a good brewery. Not "rare" because its everywhere down here. I'm sure you will enjoy that one. Need buy them again. Just trying to stay away from bombers right now

Had a couple of their other offerings, but not Tripel B. Scratchin Hippo, Naked Nun...

They just released a BB choc stout.

Kids are off of school due to weather...again...and the wife was scheduled to work. So, I went into the office this morning, had a few meetings and left at noon to work at home so the kids wouldn't need a babysitter. Working with a Hopslam right now. Have had a pretty productive day considering I've been working at my bar with a replay of a college hoops game on the TV and a beer nearby for most of the afternoon.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391028811.398483.jpg
Drinking nice hoppy red ale, was trying to recreate fixed gear but got something I wouldn't call a clone at all, still awesome and tasty.

Water. Making a beer run.

Also bottling The Cool - my smacked-with-hops black ale.

My final beer from the Masking Tape Brewery. Also the best of them (probably due, in part, to the style).

EDIT: really enjoying this one, Hello.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391031448.406807.jpg

Drinking some lifewater and reading a dissertation at brettanomycesproject.com on a slow afternoon in the office (at home). I'm planning to do a series of SMaSH beers fermented with only brett soon to find which strains I like best.

Some homebrewfrom a 'kit'....

Folger's coffee through a Mr. coffee kit.

Hey, I've gotta go to work!:D

Enjoy a Stella at a hotel bar in DC... trying to stay warm. I know the glass isn't right, but it is still good. :mug:

1391035437514.jpg

A one week bottled carb tester of my Düsseldorf Alt. I like this a lot. And oddly enough, my wife said she likes it too. Plus even after chilling it down, no chill haze to be found. I love gelatin.

+1 on the geletin, +1 on the alt, +1 on the stange. Maybe I'll brew an alt this wkend.

I'm drinking a Flanders Red I made in 2011. So good. Just built a fire and its bound to be a great nite. Hope you all are staying warm. Cheers.

Decided to clear out some room in the fridge by finishing off the Butternuts brews I have in there. Starting with a Snapperhead IPA.

Thanks all for your concern about my package today. Everything made it safe and sound. That wobrien is one helluva guy. I'll refrain from toasting a beer to you until I'm drinking something worth it because this Snapperhead is definitely not worth it.

Back