How to get Beersmith on a Mac??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so my Pc laptop crapped da' bed... got a Mac and freakin' LOVE the thing. Love everything about it... except Beersmith doesn't have a version that runs on a Mac.

I think I can get some sort of software that will allow it to run on a Mac but I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

You might also be able to get it running under Wine (allows Windows programs to run under Linux) for the Mac: MacOSX - The Official Wine Wiki

I've never tried it, but if you're good with Macs and Linux stuff, Wine might do the job for free.

Personally, I use VMWare Fusion, which is an awesome product, but costs money. Definitely easier than Wine, too.

-Steve

I should clarify. I don't use BeerSmith on my Mac-- I use BeerTools Pro. But if I were to use BeerSmith on my Mac, then VMWare Fusion or Wine would be the way to go.

-Steve

Welcome to the family! I made the change to a MacBook Pro about a year ago and haven't regretted it.

I also use Beer Tools Pro and really like it. Plus Bobby M has some nice tutorial videos on it!

I can't speak on the mac side, but I have beersmith running near flawlessly using wine in linux.

+1 on this. I had to do a few tweaks and download some additional DLL's, I am glad this all keeps through reinstalls because I haven't done it in a year or so.

If anyone needs it, I can send a zip of the installed BeerSmith that is setup for the trial version, so all you would need to do is input your reg number.

Sweet... I understood about nine words of all of the above. "beersmith", "MacBook", "awesome"; and a few more.

I'll see if I can muddle my way through it and if not, maybe I'll just make the switch to Beer Tools Pro

I'm new as well. Just got a Mac due to the hard drive crashing on my PC.

When buying I talked with the sales person about my brewing addiction. He suggested installing a program called parallels. It allows you to run part of the system in microsoft and the rest in apple. If you ask for more of an explanation I'll not be able to explain.

I now have a Mac with Beersmith running just fine. I think the program was 60-70$.

Happy Brewing,
John

Resurrecting an old thread... I'd heard that there was a Mac version of Beersmith in the works. Actually, over on the Beertools forum, Brad said he had a preliminary version running on his Mac, but a full release was still a ways off - but this was last May. Anyone know of any update?

You can run it on virtual box. I have fusion and virtualbox, and vb takes less disk space ad memory to run.

The other option is to use Virtual Box. It's a free product and is suppose to work pretty well.

I use Fusion, but I got it for $20 a few years back. I've been too cheap to upgrade to version 3.

Thank you! I just decided today to figure out what brew software to put on my Mac. Just downloaded the Beersmith trial.

I don't like that two-finger scroll doesn't work, but otherwise it seems pretty awesome.

SterlingHopper said:
Thank you! I just decided today to figure out what brew software to put on my Mac. Just downloaded the Beersmith trial.

I don't like that two-finger scroll doesn't work, but otherwise it seems pretty awesome.

Yeah, there are a few minor things, but I'm glad to have a good brew software to run on the Mac

Back