19th Annual Cascade Brewers Cup Registration Closing Soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone know what I'm doing wrong because I register and entry but there is no place to enter my ingredients or import a beersmith file. Had this happen in the past for one other competition and never figured it out.

Edit** Small print, lots of beer and eyes going bad is what I'm blaming this on but I see where it says you can't print until you pay. O man my ale is stronger than I thought :)

I dropped mine off Friday at PostDoc (nice place, by the way). This will be my first competition.

I don't recall a part of registration asking for ingredients.

This is my 3rd comp and this and the last one didn't ask for it. First one did and I could just upload the beersmith file. Easier this way I guess.

Last year I had to enter the ingredients on each form by hand, this year I'm not even seeing the option. I just filled out the form as required.

I dropped mine off Friday at PostDoc (nice place, by the way). This will be my first competition.

I don't recall a part of registration asking for ingredients.

For those of you who have entered this one before, I have a few newbie Qs.

Judging is this weekend, but the awards ceremony is later in the month. Will we know scores/ranks before the ceremony? or is it all a big reveal at the awards ceremony?

For those of you who have entered this one before, I have a few newbie Qs.

Judging is this weekend, but the awards ceremony is later in the month. Will we know scores/ranks before the ceremony? or is it all a big reveal at the awards ceremony?

Like most competitions, you won't know your scores until after the competition; in part to keep you in suspense for the award ceremony and in part because the forms are done by hand (lots of scanning to do).

I was emailed my scoresheets last night.

This was my first competition -
My organic amber ale that I absolutely love scored a dismal 21 :) Though all three judges gave me 3/3 on appearance. Clarity, color, and head were all real good on that one. They just apparently didn't like much else about it.

My bavarian hefeweizen was around 31.

The feedback is pretty valuable, except for the guy who advised me to use Weihenstephan... I DID use that yeast :)

Same here. My family and friends love my stout (so they say) and it only scored a 27. I was advised not to use Simcoe hops next time even though the hops I used were not even close to that. Useful info all in all and need to look into ways on changing my recipes and brewing I guess. Need to go back to the drawing board again

One of the hard things about competitions is that it can be an amazing, delicious beer, brewed impeccably, loved by all, and score for $hit due to not being to style, for whatever reason. I scored a 25 on a great APA, but it was dinged for being to fruity, a trait in Azacca hops. I look for feedback that suggests more global brewing issues. If I put in three entries and get feedback on all three about a bad phenolic flavor, I look again at my process.

Back