Need help naming a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just brewed an American Amber with apples last night. I'm going to be submitting it to a local beer festival to pour with my homebrew club. They want to have horse or horse racing themed names for the beers since its being held at a racetrack. My bf and I can't for the life of us come up with a name. We've looked at names of race horses and kinda like "Drink Me Pretty" or "Sotally Tober", but those are kinda obscure race horses. We also thought of "Pony Treats" since everything in the beer can be made into a horse treat, but it doesn't really sound all that great for a beer.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I love naming my beers, so here's some suggestions off the top of my head:

Apple Dapple

Inside Rail

Party Jones (get it, a play on Smarty Jones)

Funny Cider ( a play on Funny Cide)

Thunder Gulp (a play on Thunder Gulch)

I love naming my beers, so here's some suggestions off the top of my head:

Apple Dapple

Inside Rail

Party Jones (get it, a play on Smarty Jones)

Funny Cider ( a play on Funny Cide)

Thunder Gulp (a play on Thunder Gulch)

hey neighbor.

Or, you could call it The Amber Apple-Loosa, and say something along the lines of "The Black Stallion don't got NOTHING on my Amber Apple-Loosa!"
Or, you know, you could not listen to me. That's probably a better decision since my idea is sounds like it's based on juvenile fiction and a fruity martini.

Win. Place. Show Your Ass.

In all seriousness I like the Appleloosa that was suggested above.

Let us know what you decide to go with.

Starting Gate Ale

American Amber by a nose

Amber Apple by a nose

Drunk as a horse

Road Apple Ale

Ready, Set, Chug

Starting Pistol Ale

Horseback Ale

American Saddle Ale

Drunkin' Derby

Amber Downs

American Amber glue

Filly Apple Ale

I'm surprised no one else has suggested "Horse Apples", but maybe that phrase isn't as widely used as I would expect?

Thanks a bunch, my bf loves naming beers and normally comes up with great stuff, but the racetrack theme stumped us(which surprised me since I've been riding horses since I was little). But we think we're gonna go with Apple-Loosa, it was a tie between that and apple dapple

Back