What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave1096 said:
Must be nice to live near a brewery with beer that everybody wants. Philly gets probably the best collection of craft beer on the East Coast moving through it, but nothing people can't get in other parts of the country. No local brewery is all that good other than Tired Hands which doesn't bottle. I need to move back to San Diego...

I disagree. Philly gets quite a few that other parts can't get. Even your foes on the western half of the same damn state!

I disagree. Philly gets quite a few that other parts can't get. Even your foes on the western half of the same damn state!

We do get a ton of good beer from all over the country...we're pretty spoiled that way as far as the East Coast goes. But nothing local is very good. The point I was trying to make is that there isn't anything exclusive to the Philly market that holds alot of value for trades.

Oh. I got ya. Tröegs is about it. Their Scratch series, nugget nectar, and maybe even mad elf are pretty popular. And, yes, Tired Hands needs to bottle. For sure.

Channel66 said:
Smutty makes some excellent beer, but I've got to say, was uninspired by their ipa.

It's not bad, I've had several awesome IPAs this week from trades though so it has the cards stacked against it. Reminds me a little of Sam Adams Whitewater IPA for some reason

e are 138, We are 138, We are 138 We are 138, We are 138, We are 138 We are 138, We are 138 In the eyes of tiger

Do you think we're robot clean Does this face look almost mean Is it time to be an android not a man

The pleasantries are gone We're stripped of all we were In the eyes of tiger

We are 138, We are 138, We are 138 We are 138, We are 138, We are 138 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
:p
Water

All that for water???? :D The Misfits never played around South Texas till I was a little older so when I finally did see them Michael Graves was the singer. It was still good. More Skeeter Pee for me

Campfire stout. Tastes like smores and...well.......campfire.

image-3070657181.jpg

Campfire stout. Tastes like smores and...well.......campfire.

I had a smores porter from Flat Earth once. Very good, at the end of the growler though I didn't like it as much. Got to be a bit much. Having a Brew Free or Die over here. No pic. Stupid phone app wants to play the "crash when you upload" game and I am too lazy to play along.

Damn, I will say it again and again, any homebrew even the worst beats the best bmc. I'm getting almost a saison taste from this last one, and I'm really enjoying it.

So today was another terrible day at work. All our testing yesterday was undone when we realized that the metal we were testing in the furnace was not what we thought it was. It melted into a nasty mess and damaged about $25,000 of graphite heating elements.

They started out as brake drums off a big rig. All 3000 pounds are now an absolute mess.

So lets hope this doesn't delay our shipping date cuz if it does, the government will probably void the contract essentially shutting our company down for good leaving me on the unemployment line. I'm not real happy tonight. So it looks like I'm back on the Yuengling. Nothing to celebrate here.

Next time I feel like I've effed up, I'm going to think about these pics. :D

Seriously though, I hope it all comes out best for you jobwise, whatever that may entail. Ya know, silver linings and all that.

way I understand is Mosaic changes flavor & aroma profile with grain bill, yeast profile, and fermentation conditions.

All hops do, some just more than others. Believe it or not, they change from year to year, farm to farm, region to region, and throughout the year as the dried hops age. But don't tell anyone else, it could ruin a lot of arguing on the internet.:D

Must be nice to live near a brewery with beer that everybody wants. Philly gets probably the best collection of craft beer on the East Coast moving through it, but nothing people can't get in other parts of the country. No local brewery is all that good other than Tired Hands which doesn't bottle. I need to move back to San Diego...

They do, just not much. HandFarm batch #2 is Sunday. Way orverpriced at $12, but you can only buy three anyway. I'll be happy to trade for as many as you want to unload. :D Also, people are happy to trade for TH growlers.

Half way through the work day. I need more red bull

Halfway? Dude, it's 9 a.m.

Drinking the coff. I have to go to the LHBS to get TWO hydrometers (I keep breaking these ****ers). I will be bottling my coconut porter this afternoon.

24 minutes left on the mash at this temp then i need to step it up to 170. First time changing temps in a mash in my cooler MLT other than sparging. Hope it goes well an i dont have to add too much water.

image-1967312959.jpg

2nd cup of coffee. gotta take momma anniversary dinner shopping,thinkin pit bbq'd surf-n-turf. Roasted corn on the cob as well. Then I gotta shoot another episode of my Tgif Tasting videos. I got a mini PC mike & some other things to put together a ghetto lapel mike. That should improve things a bit.

They do, just not much. HandFarm batch #2 is Sunday. Way orverpriced at $12, but you can only buy three anyway. I'll be happy to trade for as many as you want to unload. :D Also, people are happy to trade for TH growlers.

$12 is overpriced for sure ... but I will be there bright and early on Sunday never the less :)

Coffee at the moment ...

Coffee, just installing an iv drip of Columbian. Save me from having to pee so much

It doesn't help me much,I have my blood pressure meds,extra water pill,& Potasium Chloride. The red alert warning goes off in my head all morning. Really starting to hate high BP. But I do love a smooth,roasty cup o' joe...

Channel66 said:
Coffee, just installing an iv drip of Columbian. Save me from having to pee so much

I've been wanting to do the same thing. But with Wookey Jack instead of coffee. :D

WesleyS said:
I've been wanting to do the same thing. But with Wookey Jack instead of coffee. :D

Nah an IV of wookey jack would be such a waste! The beer not hitting your tongue would take away the great flavor of wookey. If you wanted an IV of beer id go with BMC. That way i wouldnt have to taste it but would still drunk as a funkin skunk.

Dave37 said:
Nah an IV of wookey jack would be such a waste! The beer not hitting your tongue would take away the great flavor of wookey. If you wanted an IV of beer id go with BMC. That way i wouldnt have to taste it but would still drunk as a funkin skunk.

You're right. What I really need is one of those hydration backpacks full of Wookey.

WesleyS said:
You're right. What I really need is one of those hydration backpacks full of Wookey.

Now youre talkin. The key to not letting th
Get gross is to always have it full and flowing. That way it wont crust up on ya when it gets hot and empty. :tank:

Just finished more water thinkin about a little dfh 90 for brunch. :tank:

Drinking the coff. I have to go to the LHBS to get TWO hydrometers (I keep breaking these ****ers). I will be bottling my coconut porter this afternoon.

just get a refractometer and stop breaking those! i have yet to break mine (knock on wood)

Remmy said:

When you're on the road at 5 it makes a difference. Should be home by 2, unless I stop for some heady :)

Anyone ever get stuck fermentation at 1.020? This extract hefe may get me a little upset. Ill probably give it another week.

Anyone ever get stuck fermentation at 1.020? This extract hefe may get me a little upset. Ill probably give it another week.

1.012 is the highest mine has stopped, anyway to pitch another small amount of yeast, maybe even added a small sugar/water mix might help

Experimental Old Ale is fully carbed after a week in the keg and just kegged my D90 Dubbel, hhmm smooth and strong, just how I like 'em..

Back