Getting the bug again...need some suggestions if you would

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkslinger82

Reaction score
I haven't brewed in a long time because me and the lady bought a house last year and all my time and $$$ have been going toward that.

Anyway, I dug up a lot of my old equipment and I am thinking about what I could do. I have a 10 Gallon cooler, a keg I need to get the top cut off, a couple bayou burners w propane. Ive been using just straight gravity feeds, but I really want to build a brew rig that I can upgrade as I go. Here is what I have to work with...basically 2 options.

Option 1 (what I prefer)

I would LOVE to brew in the basement. I have a natural gas line that is going out to the grill. As soon as I saw it I automatically thought about tapping into it and dropping a brewery in there. IF the wife allows basement brewing, what material would you guys suggest to build a stand?

ALSO
I have a 240 electric outlet currently unused...that is an option, but I know NOTHING about all electric brewing.

Option 2

Garage Brewing

I have a woodworking shop in progress out there and it would be pretty easy to build a wooden rig, but the downside is that it is in the garage and I live in Buffalo. Winters would suck.

Any input is appreciated! Lookin forward to getting back into it

Back