Blichmann 10 gallon Boilermaker or Polarware 42 qt w/ sightglass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_tx_kbb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about which BK to purchase.

I like the idea of SS welded fitting with Polarware....but see so many ooo's and ahhh's about the Blichmann

I plan on only doing 5 gallon batches and have read that the temp guage on the Blichmann is practically useless for 5 gallon batches....there's also the O-rings to maintain with the Blichmann

I can't seem to be convinced on the Blichmann and am leaning towards the Polarware 42qt.

All opinions would be appreciated. I guessing this is personal preference and probably can't go wrong with either. Set me straight if the Polarware is the wrong choice.

Thanks

When I did 5 gallon batches I used a 10 gallon Polarware. Loved it! I can't imagine a kettle being any better than it. I like the flat lid also. Makes stacking it easy. I welded a couple couplings in. I'll take a welded fitting any day over a weldless fitting. I wish the prices for these were a bit lower. I would love to have a 25 gallon Polarware if they made them, not sure. I now use this pot as my hopback/decoction/small batch BK still. It's just too small now that I'm doing larger batches. I'd buy it again for sure.

I cant say that you will be happer with one than the other... That is all up to you. They will both make great kettles. That being said, I went the Blichman route because if the refined design...

P1030719.JPG

Back