ball lock cornie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norn_irn

Reaction score
i recently got my hands on free cornie kegs, as money is a bit on the tight side especially with the holidays i went and ordered a flexi-tap with disconnect. however when i went to fit this to the ball lock it goes on but doesnt click, are their different types of ball locks for cornies?????????????

GAWA
Green and White Army

First, are you sure its all ball lock and not pin lock?
Second, are you connecting to the right side : CO2 - grey to the "in" and fluid-black to the "out".

oh yeah - pictures would help.

ill get some pics up tomorrow for ya its 9pm here and the wee ones are in bed and shes doin what she does best (shopping) lol

Brupaks Brewing Equipment - Dispensing

this is what i got the Flexi-tap + 'Out' Disconnect and the CO² Charger for Cornelius Keg but forgot to order the in connect

ill post a few pics of the cornie tomorrow

GAWA
Green and White Army

argh it is pin lock hence the reason it doesnt fit lol

i emailed the supplier this and could i exchange the 1s i have for pin lock connectors. he has informed me that the gas charger doesnt fit pin locks is he correct????

It depends on if the gas charger attaches to the threads or the pin lock post itself. As far as I know, if it attaches to the threads, it should be fine. If it attaches to the post itself, you might have to rig up some sort of ball lock to pin lock adapter. It looks like the flexitap would be easy to change to pin lock as long as you have a pin lock post to attach it to.

Back