FG of JOAM?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emr454

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the FG of Joes ancient orange mead is? Mine is almost 3 months along and still bubbling. I followed the recipe exactly so I dont know why its taking so long. I'll be checking the gravity when I bottle it, just want an idea of what to expect.

Eric

the recipe on here states around 1.030, which is where mine is after close to 4 months I think. Mine is sweet, and needs some time ageing but is drinkable

According to my refractometer, my OG was 31 brix, and my FG was 15 brix...seemed like it made a lot of alcohol... it was a little warm in the closet.

I'd say 1.020 is reasonable. no need to wait til you bottle it to run a hydro test. remember, airlock bubbling does NOT equal fermentation

I've had plenty of things bubble for a month when the gravity never changed. I've had things never bubble, but the gravity fell 80 points.

Hydrometer is the only thing you can trust.

Mine ended at 1.030 after a month. It's pretty sweet, but drinkable. I think a couple of months of aging will improve it nicely.

Mine's still at 1.060 after almost 3 months. Tastes good, but seems a little high. Maybe my yeast didnt survive long enough to finish the job?

Does anyone know what the original gravity would be if you followed the recipe exactly?

Latest posts

Back