Brewery Software for automation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe a member on this forum by the name of "Deep Six" (or something like that) built an automated HERMS or RIMS system and made software to control his setup. Search around, it should be here somewhere.

Whoaaa Deep Six is state of the art stuff there. Wow. I was just looking for something to download. Does that exist?

What type of system do you want to automate?. As to off the shelf automation software for brewing it probably does not exist, it is purpose built for each system because of differing hardware setups. The simplest route would be to aquire a BCS-460 unit and use software package that is provided unless you want to build your own. For a fully automated system take a look at the phase 2 system, touch screen software which is nearly finished has taken longer than construction. Here is a shot of the hardware Picasa Web Albums - Kevin - Cooling system and here are some of the control screens Picasa Web Albums - Kevin - Phase 2 Brewe....

wow so every brewery has software built specially for them. What should someone due if they have no skills at programming?

What type of system and what degree of automation do you want to achieve?, second question how much time and money are you willing to invest in an automated system. On the easier end of the scale is the BCS-460 , great system for most all of the basic brewing systems, medium difficulty would be the brewtroller which is still under development and should be configurable for most all types of systems, far end would be digital - analog I/O hardware and roll your own software or you can purchase packaged plc interface programs.

I want to hit the go button and taste the best beer I have ever had in .98 98049283457 seconds. However, back on the real world I just want the system to be easy with a moderate budget. I want to get the most bang for my buck.

Back