High-end beer dispenser/fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xamers

Reaction score
We're finishing our basement in the new house here soon. We are installing a stone wet-bar area and I'm looking for a high-end fridge/dispensing unit. So far, I've come up with this, at about $2000, it's in our price range.

http://www.truemfg.com/CC_host/pages/custom/templates/truemfg/productpage.cfm?&cc_nvl=((catalogCode,true_master),(lineCode,region2),(LinkCode,TDD-2CT-S),(productCode,TDD-2CT-S),(prodtreeID,897),(nodeCode,TDD-2CT-S))

Any suggestions? This thing looks the part. It should hold 8? cornies? I'd have to have the store replace the towers with 2 faucet ones for a total of 4 lines of beer accessible.

What do you think?

EDITED to fix link

That link is bad: here's another.....

http://www.truemfg.com/CC_host/pages/custom/templates/truemfg/productpage.cfm?&cc_nvl=((catalogCode,true_master),(lineCode,region2),(LinkCode,TDD-2CT-S),(productCode,TDD-2CT-S),(prodtreeID,897),(nodeCode,TDD-2CT-S))

TDD-2CT-S.jpg

i think if you have any kind of do it yourselfness you could builld something nicer for less money and it would be exactly as you want. when the time comes i plan on building mine myself

i think if you have any kind of do it yourselfness you could builld something nicer for less money and it would be exactly as you want. when the time comes i plan on building mine myself

I have alot of "do-it-yourselfness" and feel there's no way I can make something that will look this good.

If you have a way to make something like this, and make it look this good.....I'm all ears. Our bar area is made of stone and it'll sit under the bar overhang. Thus, I can't have a unit with a lid entrance.

To me that looks too industrial looking for a custom "stone" bar build.
I would do as others mentioned and custom build to fit in with your
bar besides saving your money, heck another 14 gallon conical can be added.

To me that looks too industrial looking for a custom "stone" bar build.
I would do as others mentioned and custom build to fit in with your
bar besides saving your money, heck another 14 gallon conical can be added.

The problem is, what is a custom build for this specific instance? I can't position a Keezer in there because of the lid. I suppose I could put the thing against the wall (it wouldn't look good), but let's face it, Keezers aren't very pretty to look at unless you go all out and dress 3 sides with wood, then stone tile. Even then, I'd have to do all the work, drill through stone perfectly, buy more draft stuff, and EVEN THEN, I'm not sure the end result will be as pretty as I would imagine. I'd have to dress the thing in stone because NOTHING in the basement would mesh with wood.

A "dressed-up" stone Keezer just seems like one of those projects that sounds great in theory, but I doubt would look great in the end.

I'm still open to ideas though.

Man... for 2K you can run a friggin keezer somewhere else and put glycol chilled lined into a custom tower setup. Most people have around $500 tied up in a keggerator... where else does that $1500 go? I figure put that into glycol, kegs, and like 6-8 shirrons...

If you do choose this one, be aware that you can replace those chrome towers with tripple-towers. I have the exact chrome triple tower on my kegorator, and I replaced the faucets with perlicks, but the main chrome upright tower is the same. So you could put six taps in, or do two doubles, or whatever number of kegs fit in there.

Back