Southwest Airlines Rocks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, hold your applause, or at least muffle it a bit. SWA announced last night that they were refunding these white trash inbreeders all of their money back.

That works for me, but that's all they get though. Their ambulance chasing shark can go pound sand.

Well if they didnt fly, then yes they should refund the cost of the plane tickets. Still, I would rather see a refunded ticket than make the other passengers put up with those peoples kids

Yeah but at the same time, if I got kicked off a flight for running around screaming, I'd never see a cent. They don't typically refund $$ for people they have to kick off flights for whatever reason. They're just doing so in this case because, I'm sure, there's plenty of pressure from Ambulance Chasers.

I remember when we had our infants we wouldn't go to any public place really except the grocery store or occasional outdoor event. The reason being that we knew that infants make a lot of noise and it is just too much of a hassle. I'll never forget being in a theatre watching some film (can't recall what atm) and this ladies infant starts wailing. It would have been fine IF she had taken the kid out, but she insisted on sitting there. She was all the way down in the front and I was stuck in the middle of the theatre. The thing is the staff didn't do anything. I had the same thing happen at a live play, the lady next to me her kid started up, so I asked her politely to leave. People are spending their hard earned money to go places and do things, why should some individual get away with being unruly, dangerous and obnoxious. It just aint right :p

Yeah but at the same time, if I got kicked off a flight for running around screaming, I'd never see a cent.

Yeah, but this case involves kids, and has received a lot of media attention. Refunding the money helps both their legal position and public perception. And to Southwest, it's a completely insignificant amount.

If it were you or I creating the disturbance, we'd get no refund and would likely be arrested. But we worship kids in this country, so they get a pass.

I'm ok with the refund. I wonder though if it will include both seats she had to sit in?
I would also like to see a public apology from this "parent" to all the passengers on the plane that had their time wasted.
Here's a thought - wouldn't it be great if one of them was an ambulance chaser and sued her for his/her time? What about her having to pay for the fuel spent for an unplanned takeoff?

Seems to me they should have only been refunded the money for the leg of the flight they were denied, assuming they deserved a refund at all. SWA got them to Phoenix - the disruptors should have had to pay for that leg.

Seems to me they should have only been refunded the money for the leg of the flight they were denied, assuming they deserved a refund at all. SWA got them to Phoenix - the disruptors should have had to pay for that leg.

They were probably only trying to go to Phoenix and got a free flight out of the deal. I am going to gain 900 pounds and squirt out a couple sh*tty kids so I can get free flights all over the place.

So what can my SWMBO exploit on my behalf, I'm half retarded, have AADD, and sometimes **** my pants trying to fart after 10+ pints of Guinness....

OOOOOHHHH, New shiney boxers?

So what can my SWMBO exploit on my behalf, I'm half retarded, have AADD, and sometimes **** my pants trying to fart after 10+ pints of Guinness....

OOOOOHHHH, New shiney boxers?

Never trust a fart after 10 pints of Guinness.

Never trust a fart after 10 pints of Guinness.

Ya think I've learned that by now...that was such a scary night, it was freezing outside, I was in Boston and 2 blocks away from the hotel...my buddy's still never let me live that night down...and most people think it's kinda funny, at least how we tell it...who, or should I say what group of guys dares the group to 10 pints in 2 hours? Just us morons :D

I don't even know if this thread's about the original topic, but I'm planning on making a short flight to Utah this summer and was considering Southwest. Now I'll certainly take them.

southwest is the one where the first to come are the first choose their seats right?

Sort of...there are numbered boarding groups, and the lower numbers board first and therefore choose their seats first. I always check in online, 23 hours and 59 minutes before the flight so I'm always in the first group. That way, I can show up at the gate right before they start boarding and still get a good seat close to the exit.

Sort of...there are numbered boarding groups, and the lower numbers board first and therefore choose their seats first. I always check in online, 23 hours and 59 minutes before the flight so I'm always in the first group. That way, I can show up at the gate right before they start boarding and still get a good seat close to the exit.

Since when did I tell you my secret to getting the seat on the 'passenger' side of the plane without the seat in front of it?:ban::rockin::mug:

Damn, Evan! you've been suckin down the rage-ohol in this thread! Been stuck with some kid kicking your seat for 5 hours on a flight?

I don't give a crap what kind of disabilities people have, if you can't control your behavior, you deserve what you get. I used to have to take classes with kids with emotional issues at school, and some would start threatening me and starting ****e. I'd get talked to by teachers saying "nooo they have disabilites, you have to treat them with respect" To which my reply was something like "he's a little punk and I don't give a F what kind of issues he has, he's irritating"

EvilTOJ, et al,
Do onto others before they do onto you.
If we all want to get along, Don't pi$$ me off.
OK, enough one liners, I use a couple hundred of them, but the message it the same.

+1 Yep, my solar powered atomic watch allows me to do the same. To the second, and I've always gotten A26 or lower.

Tough call, my ass. Why should anyone have to put up with that madness just because the kids have disorders? If I had tourette's syndrome and chronic seizures, should I be allowed in the movie theater, screaming and blurting out obscenities and flailing around, just because I'm "disabled"? No.

yeah seriously, or if you were a parapalegic ... why should you get to board the plane first. Or be given any extra accomodations for your condition. Right? I mean, if you're not completely able-bodied, then that's just your tough luck, right? Like, why should all the handicapped spots be at the front of the parking lot, right?

Edwort said:
Sorry, but when I flew with my children, they behaved on flights. When they were babies, my wife did everything to keep them quite during take off and landing when the pressure changes on their ears.

I can guarantee you that there was someone on those flights that DIDN'T think you did enough. Did it occur to you that what YOU thought was "all you could do" wasn't what everyone else thought was "enough." P

I can guarantee you that there was someone on those flights that DIDN'T think you did enough. Did it occur to you that what YOU thought was "all you could do" wasn't what everyone else thought was "enough." P

Perhaps, but I doubt it. At least I was considerate of the other passengers, something many parents today are not. As a business traveler with over a million miles flown over the last 12 years I can spot considerate parents a mile away just as the irresponsible inconsiderate ones 100 miles away.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. At least I was considerate of the other passengers, something many parents today are not. As a business traveler with over a million miles flown over the last 12 years I can spot considerate parents a mile away just as the irresponsible inconsiderate ones 100 miles away.

I'm in not defending the behavior of the parents in this story, but I find it very amusing how after 100+ posts, everyone here is such a good and considerate parent that they would never allow this to happen to them.

I'm in not defending the behavior of the parents in this story, but I find it very amusing how after 100+ posts, everyone here is such a good and considerate parent that they would never allow this to happen to them.

I find that a good thing, not amusing. I wish I could have these folks on my flights instead of a-hole parents.

Man, I can't wait till school starts again and skies go back to business travelers. :D

As a pilot myself, the FAR's are very clear on this issue. I don't remember chapter an verse but all passengers must be able to follow the instructions of the flight crew or be accompanied by someone to get them to follow the instructions. If they can't, they don't fly. And if a pilot allows someone who demonstrates they cannot follow crew instructions to fly anyway, the pilot can be sanctioned including fines, loss of they license, or even jail. That's why they don't let passengers fly if they're drunk. Especially after 10 pints. :) And the law says that all passengers MUST wear seat restraints during takeoff and landings and when instructed by the flight crew. The PIC (Pilot In Command) is the final say in all aspects of flight. Not Southwest. It's his butt on the line if laws are broken. He did as the laws said. And if the mom wanted to be a b!tch because SHE broke the law (she is their gardian and required to restrain them in flight), then she can just bend over and kiss off! And I'll raise 10 pints to that!

Back