Already behind schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX1

Texas Ale Works
Reaction score
Well, due to some unforseen money issues I will have to back up my first batch. It looks like I will be getting all the stuff I need to brew spread out over 2-3 paydays. You know, with the things that have happened in the last week my wife still has not told me I need to pull the plug on this for now. Jeez I love her!!! I will be ordering from Midwest Supply Co. And will put in the first order tomorrow for the basic brewing equipment. I will follow that up with a few extra thingins like a beer theif and the beer kit, then in the final order I will order some bulk no rinse sanitizer and a few extra gadgits.

I am on the lookout for a bigger pot, the one I have is only 3 gallons and I know I will boil over.

I can not wait.

Tim

Yea it sucks when real life interferes with hobbies. But, putting your money where its neeeded now will make it easier to waste it away on our playtoys later. I usually buy my big toys in parts if it's possible. My kegorator is going to be built in sections as well, and will probably take me a month, minimum.

Yeah, that initial buy can hurt the pocket book, especially if you are reading this site... You keep seeing or hearing of things and go "ooooo, I should get me one of those...."

Just remember, no matter how many brewing toys you get, its hard to make beer without the ingredients :D

Just remember, no matter how many brewing toys you get, its hard to make beer without the ingredients

That will be part of the 2nd order. Living here in Brussels, the shipping is killing me, twice the normal cost and it will take over a week to get here.

I am trying to find a resturant and some bars to get some buckets and bottles from but the fact that I do not speak Flimmish is becoming a problem as well.

I guess all the hardships will make it more worth while when I pour my first Home Brew.

Tim

surely there are places in Europe you can order from??

There are, I have found a few in the UK, but the exchange rate is worse than shipping.

But on that note, I phoned in my first order to Midwest and the shipping was only half what the web site stated so, all is not lost.
My equipment kit will be shipped out Tuesday, and I should have my second order posted about the time the first one gets to me.

Tim

Tim

Back