columbus? really??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy Columbus blended with other hops very late (<10min) and DH. Anything earlier and it has a wierd taste to me. On it's own, ehh, I find it unrefined (crosses arms and puffs on pipe).

I love Columbus and have avoided my Columbus SMaSH because I didn't want it to kick. Saving it for later, you know. It has been about two weeks since I've had it, maybe three. I pulled sample today and the first thing that hit me was CELERY! This is all Columbus, so I can't blame any other hop. After about three drinks from this four ounce sample, the celery was gone and it was back to fantastic. Makes me understand and have an open mind to those who don't like hoppy or Columbus beers.

Actually they different. Tomahawk and Columbus are the same, Zeus just got lumped in because of it's similarities. It is not the same. I think it has a bit more citrus, IMO

All I can say is that Ralph Olson of Hop Union told me he had them all analyzed and they were genetically identical.

Back