Pin Lock connector height

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBenn

Reaction score
For those with Pin Locks, how high above the top of the keg do the pin lock connectors stand (with the hose and all)?

I can get a keg kit that uses 22" Pin lock kegs, but I only have 23+" or 24+" without the freezer drip tray.

Rich

IIRC, you can get short pin lock connectors. Stainless jobs and $$$$ but, turn a "L" rather than the normal "wye" typr. Those don't even clear the rubber chime.

IIRC, you can get short pin lock connectors. Stainless jobs and $$$$ but, turn a "L" rather than the normal "wye" typr. Those don't even clear the rubber chime.

Any clue as to where I can find these? I've seen ball lock ones, but so far, haven't found in pin lock.

2 & 1/4" or 2 & 1/8" at best above the rubber. I have threaded fittings not barbs. That's with the hose attached. Looks like it's going to be tight. There's a good bit of rubber on those keg feet-i wonder if you could shave off 1/4 - 1/2 inch.

2 & 1/4" or 2 & 1/8" at best above the rubber. I have threaded fittings not barbs. That's with the hose attached. Looks like it's going to be tight. There's a good bit of rubber on those keg feet-i wonder if you could shave off 1/4 - 1/2 inch.

Thanks, I appreciate it! The place I was going to order from said to add about an inch; looking at pics of the fittings, I thought that couldn't be right for pin-lock.

Rich

I know Foxx Equipment has them for pin lock. Never looked anywhere else. I just always see them in catalog and raise a brow at the price.

I just looked at their catalog. The only stainless pinlock was not 90 degrees(L); it pointed straight up! They do have ball locks in 90 degrees. But thanks for the link, anyway.

I have someone trying to find smaller pin-lock connectors (2" vs. 3"). A few places show pictures of the 2", but when called, they were, in fact, 3".

If only I could get SWMBO to give up the chest freezer for beer....

Back