Hello from Charlotte, NC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoopjackson

Reaction score
Hello fellow Homebrewers! I am a novice yet, but I just finished my third batch and my first since moving to Charlotte nearly 3 years ago. Technically it shouldn't be ready for a few more days, but I just had to break one out and now I remember why I love homebrewing so much!!! I brewed a Cherry Stout (though I don't perceive any cherry flavor, which is fine by me).

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to talking with everyone and learning a few things.

Welcome from Durham!

Interesting handle...

Are you from the State of Washington, or a fan of sports writing?

Thank you! I drive through Durham whenever we go home to NoVA to visit family.

To answer your question, a friend of mine used the name "Scoop Jackson" one time when he was nearly busted skipping school by an administrator. He told the guy chasing him that his name was Scoop Jackson and for some reason the story always stuck with me.

Time to go pitch some yeast!

Thank you razyrsharpe, it's good to be here! I was pretty proud of myself last night for having made two batches in only a few weeks time, thinking that I had it all figured out, then I started reading some of the FAQ's and recommended threads here and was reminded that I don't know anything about brewing. Until last night, I thought a full boil was when you could actually see your wort boiling!:D

Welcome! :mug: My parents live near Winston-Salem, so I visit often and have been to Charlotte many times. It also happens to be where I processed when I joined the Air Force.

Latest posts

Back