Cornelius keg filling with bud light?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMP

Reaction score
I just got a Cornelius keg and I don't have any homebrew ready to put in it but I wanted to know if a store would fill it up with bud light or any other beer. Also I wanted to know when you set the PSI do you set it with the valve on the regulator closed or open ?

I don't know how they could fill it. They'd have to have "beer in bulk" and the right hardware. A brewpub could probably fill it, or help you out, though.

When I set my regulator, it's always hooked up to my kegs, so it's open.

Yup...You gotta have it either hooked up, or close that valve...either way will work fine.

As for filling your cornie....find your local brew pub...they'll fill it for you.

I don't know how they could fill it. They'd have to have "beer in bulk" and the right hardware. A brewpub could probably fill it, or help you out, though.

When I set my regulator, it's always hooked up to my kegs, so it's open.

My local brew pub said that he could not fill mine for legal reasons. He said that its considered an "open container". So he could fill it but I couldn't take it with me. Seemed kind of strange because he offered to fill several growlers that I could take home and fill the corney with myself. I was asking him because I was going camping and did not have any beer ready.

edit: Could be some funky law in South Cakylacky. Also, maybe he is not licensed to sell kegs and was covering himself.

My local brew pub said that he could not fill mine for legal reasons. He said that its considered an "open container". So he could fill it but I couldn't take it with me. Seemed kind of strange because he offered to fill several growlers that I could take home and fill the corney with myself. I was asking him because I was going camping and did not have any beer ready.

edit: Could be some funky law in South Cakylacky. Also, maybe he is not licensed to sell kegs and was covering himself.

Me thinks he wanted to make some green on the growlers. A screw on top isn't any more closed than a corny keg. He wouldn't be selling a keg just the beer now if he took a keg from the walk'in and sold it to you then he may have a problem

to the OP why would you want bud light? Get some local brew and drink.

Me thinks he wanted to make some green on the growlers. A screw on top isn't any more closed than a corny keg. He wouldn't be selling a keg just the beer now if he took a keg from the walk'in and sold it to you then he may have a problem

to the OP why would you want bud light? Get some local brew and drink.

No, he offered to loan me the growlers so he wasn't looking to make a buck. I believe that he can't sell kegs, you can only get them from liquor stores here. Also, he tapes the lids on the growlers so that they are "sealed".

Anyway, I just bought a couple of cases and took them home and filled a keg there.

I hope you got your answers.

For now we have to say goodbye for a few weeks until you hit 21.

Gotta mind the rules. Come back in a few and we'll be glad to help you along.

some states have laws about quantities you can carry out of a store. i know near me, you cant walk out of a store with more than 2 12 packs, but you can leave a beer distributor with as much as you want. a 5 gal cornie is more than 2 12 packs

some states have laws about quantities you can carry out of a store. i know near me, you cant walk out of a store with more than 2 12 packs, but you can leave a beer distributor with as much as you want. a 5 gal cornie is more than 2 12 packs

Same where I'm at in PA; any more then two six packs, you have to exit the bar with them and walk back in to purchase more. Luckily I normally plan ahead (unforeseen circumstances have been known to occur).

It's good information, even if the original poster is no longer with us.

I'm use to the laws in Wisconsin- if you can sit up, you can drink under certain circumstances, like having a parent at the bar with you. No limit on what you can buy in the stores, but you do have to be 21 to purchase it. I had forgotten in places like PA, it's hard to even buy beer at times.

I forget what month, but it wasthe same in PA; still, it's only CERTAIN liquor stores...

Latest posts

Back