Opening a Nanobrewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to you. If it dosent work out for you in CA come to AR there is plenty of room for expansion here

Good luck to you. If it dosent work out for you in CA come to AR there is plenty of room for expansion here

Thanks!

Small market though: not too many of the good ol boys want to drink any of them unamerican import beers. They're too dark tasting.;)

The taproom makes the nano feasible, at least in California. Selling dollar tasters makes it even MORE profitable.

I hope you mean when someone wants a sampler of tasters, and not when they simply ask for a taste of a beer before making their choice.

Most of the places I go I look at their beer board and figure out one or two I'm interested in, and then if it's not one I'm familiar with I'll ask for a taste of it to make sure I like it prior to buying a full pint and the bartender always brings me maybe a 1oz taster and I never get charged for it.

If I had to spend a buck, to make sure I wanted to spend 5 bucks on your beer I'm not sure I'd bother.

I hope you mean when someone wants a sampler of tasters, and not when they simply ask for a taste of a beer before making their choice.

Most of the places I go I look at their beer board and figure out one or two I'm interested in, and then if it's not one I'm familiar with I'll ask for a taste of it to make sure I like it prior to buying a full pint and the bartender always brings me maybe a 1oz taster and I never get charged for it.

If I had to spend a buck, to make sure I wanted to spend 5 bucks on your beer I'm not sure I'd bother.

Rouge does it both ways.
They will bring me a small taste of something for free, but they have a deal where you pick 4 beers and they pour a 4 oz glass of each for you to try.

To be honest, I think the cheap taster pours are a good deal. I usually go through about 3 of the taster's of four beers and maybe a couple of the regular beers.

His DFH alehouses, basically brew-pub type concepts that don't brew on premise, are money-making machines. That's the direction I want to go.

That is genius. It would be really cheap to open an additional tasting room in a different location.

Obviously, but down the road or for a larger start up it would work great. My comment was more directed at DFH.

Definitely. The Stone Company Stores out here are a similar idea, different execution. I expect they'll be popping up all over the country soon. I don't think I'll get to a point (even if we're successful) where I'd want to be that big. That rich maybe, but I still want to be pulling pints for people whose names I know.

Back