Anyone able to get cigar city beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emc

Reaction score
Since I live near Russian RIver Brewing I have done several trades with people for Pliny the elder. Nun of them have lived in the Florida area so here's what I'm hoping, someone with access to cigar city beers will read this and be willing to trade for ???? Being on the west coast I imagine there are several breweries and beers that might interest someone in a swap. I keep reading about the different things they do, especially their big stouts and have become super intrigued. Anyone interested?

I live just a few minutes from them. What are you looking for, I would be glad to help. And what would have to trade?

Give me until February. I'll be trying their beers for the first time. However, if I can trade for some Pliny, I'll haul some Cigar City brews back to Virginia.

I'm in the Tampa area as well, I'd love to do a CCB trade for some west coast stuff that we can't get out here.... Just let me know what you're looking for.

only thing i could offer up is three floyds and goose island beer.. plus a couple other.. midwest

Most of Cigar City's really interesting beers are the one off experiments they do, only on tap in the tasting room and some select accounts around town, so you might be able to get some growler fills. They also do a few special releases that are exceptional, like the hunahpu but that is not something that is easily traded (see ebay, ha!)

If you are looking for some good ones, I really love the Big Sound, Humidor series, and any sours they release, they like to take risks and some don't pan out but most are really good.

I don't think it is worth your time getting the IPA's or other hoppy ones. Don't get me wrong as I think they are the best in this region but you can have your pick of excellent examples out west.

I'd be willing to pick up some bottles for you too, to swap for some supplication or other east coast barrel aged belgain type.

Cigar City hasn't done any (intentional) sours for quite some time now, and they aren't planning on doing more in the near future.

But they are still, in my opinion, easily the best brewery in the Southeast. The number of different beers they produce is amazing, but many of those are one-offs and pilot beers that never get bottled. Their staples are solid, too.

Back