Fish Emulsion Fertilizer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnyg

Reaction score
In the past I have used liquid fish emulsion fertilizer with good results, albeit a bit...stinky. It came in 1-gallon jugs and usually available at Wal/K-Mart, HomeDep, Lowe's, etc.

Now growing hops it occurred to me the stuff would work well for hops too.

Question Is:

Where in the hell do you buy the stuff anymore?

And, have any of you used it w/o the assortment of strange things happening commonly reported on these threads?
est939.jpg

I have no experience or knowledge on using the stuff, but I would think it would be available at any big commercial fertilizer place or hydroponics shop.

I picked some up recently at a garden/feed store here in Boise. Most of the large scale organic growers use it. I use it as a foliar feed maybe every two weeks and I put some in the soil every month or so. Alaska brand is the way to go, the production method used by some of the other manufactures is, from what I read, somewhat suspect.

Lilly Miller :: Alaska Brand

Make your own?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICuxBf1Ieu4]YouTube - Will It Blend? - Tilapia-O-Matic[/ame]

ThankYa All...

I have checked all the usual sources--everything imaginable except fish emulsion!

Many sources online, though.

Myself, I prefer cash and carry.
;)

Home depot and Lowes both carry it here in the PNW

I live in a bit of a one-hoss town adjacent to Sebring, Fla. and all we have is HomeD, Lowe's and Ace--none of them have it; I did get some a couple years back at WalMart here, but they say they won't be getting it in any more.

I searched for years to find a sickle w/o success, and by chance I finally came across one in the Tractor Supply the other day--I was beginning to think it was a political thing...--hey, maybe it is and they're coming back again, come to think of it.
;)

I used to buy 3cuft containers of Jungle Growth--I notice now they have begun to package the stuff in smaller containers, but the price is the same as the previous larger container.
I think they got our number!

Thanx for your response--I'll bol for the fish emulsion.

I have been using Bio-Bizz's Fish Mix and Bio-Grow with great success. Very pleased with the results. You might want to find an online source for those. Any decent hydroponics shop should have them.

Back