If you could only use three types of hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretbrner

Reaction score
What three hops would you choose if you could only use three types of hops? Say the world hop harvest was at an all time low(gee, arent we in that?) and you were only given a choice to choose three types of hops for your brewing?

I would choose cascade, because i like my pale ales, and they are a versatile hop. then i would choose Hallertauer, because i love my german beers, and saaz would be my third, because i like my pilsners

And when it comes to my rhizomes i bought, this also reflects my hop choices. Although the last two are hybrids. I have growing in the third year, cascade, Mt. Hood(hallertauer sub) and sterling(saaz sub). Hoping for a good year, and hopefully next year, I wont have to worry about the hop shortage.

Planning on adding a few more rhizomes this year, and hopefully they will be available. :)

Oh yea, first post!!

sorry for reposting then. I did a search but I guess I didnt do a great job of looking.

I'll take a second look :)

Don't worry. I'm gonna make me a thread called "If you could only have 20 hop varieties, which would they be?" Then I'm gonna make an identical thread, but it'll have a poll, because I forgot the poll the first time.

Latest posts

Back