Mini CO2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpureber

Reaction score
I'm looking to put together a setup similar to this. Can anyone tell me if I'd be able to use one of the following regulators and probably some adapters to keep proper serving pressure on a keg with a smaller (under 5 lb.) CO2 tank? The beer specific kits seem a little over-priced but I'm not sure the specifics of regulators.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I please get any more explanation as to why they will not work? If I'm able to get the necessary connections on both ends why would none of them work? I'm not clear on the differences between regulators. Thank you for your reply.

The pressure in a co2 tank is much higher than a standard air compressor would put out. I imagine these would fail in a pretty dramatic way when you shove 800psi into them. Maybe not though.

As long as there is still liquid CO2 in the cartridge the pressure is calculated as:

p = p0 * exp(T/T0)

where p is pressure in psi, T is temperature (Fahrenheit), and

p0 = 314.04 psi
T0 = 69.64 F

And here's a link to a more accurate chart:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2pv.gif

So, the CO2 cartridge probably has at least 800 psi in it at reasonable room temps. I'd be surprised if those gauges could handle that pressure.

What about something like this? It's a CO2 regulator... just knowing that I might need an adapter between the regulator and the tank.

Back