Mini CO2 Regulator Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiredboy

Reaction score
Anyone know how good these are? Can you force carb with them?
I want to move into kegging but getting the CO2 tank seems to be a problem as I live in Jamaica and my usual freight forwarder send stuff down by air and won't touch a pressurised tank, even if empty. I may be able to get the small cartridges locally but don't want to waste time investigating if its going to be a waste of time.

I think you'll waste a lot of gas trying to force carb with CO2 cartridges. However, there is no reason you can't add sugar to the keg and carb naturally and then just use the cartridges to push the beer.

I'd try talking to welder or even a dive shop. There has to be a way to get a tank onto the island.

Thanks all (so far - any extra input greatly received).

Edmanster - not many people growing indoors down here!

gr8shandini - You can get them shipped down seafreight but its looking like $60-100 for that.

I just need to see what cartridges I can get locally. Or I may have to opt for the opposite and get a 49lbs one locally that works out about US$130 filled (price is reasonable compared to buying in US and shipping but space is an issue!!)

That's a pretty good deal on a 50 lb tank if you have a place to store it.

Another option would be a paintball tank, but I'm guessing they wouldn't be too common there either.

Back