Bayou Classic Stock Pot warning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_Chief

Reaction score
I just wanted to give everybody a heads up regarding the quality of the Bayou Classic 36 quart stainless steel pots.

I originally ordered one of these in January from Amazon.com thinking it would be perfect for my needs, on my third brew with that pot I noticed there was a pinhole leak about one inch from the bottom of the pot. I returned this pot to Amazon to a exchange thinking it was a fluke. Today I received the replacement pot, guess what it has a leak in almost exactly the same place... I am returning it tomorrow for a refund... :mad:

So buyer beware, they seem to have a quality control issue in their manufacturing process..

I guess I am in the market for a new boil pot and I am done brewing until I can find a decent replacement without spending $300. Does anybody have any experience with this pot?
Amazon link

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 60 qt version of the pot you are looking at. The quality is excelent, though I've yet to put a flame under it yet. Nice and heavy gague steel and no manufacturing flaws to be seen.

Back