Breweries or Beers in Breckenridge Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BARBQ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going up there Feb 3rd to ski. I booked a room close to the Breckenridge brewery so I plan to go there for sure.

Any other places worth hitting for beers close by? I wont have a car, but could take a taxi if it is worth it.

Fort Collins Brewery isn't too far away. Maybe Boulder Brewery as well. I think Avery is out there also. Let us know what you think when you get back.

You need a car if you want to visit some breweries in the area....in Dillon, Dillon Dam Brewery, Pug Ryans
Frisco, Backcountry Brewery

BUT, if stuck in Breck w no car...go to breck brewery and downstairs at erics:

http://www.downstairsaterics.com/

I was here for a wedding this past summer but didn't have a ton of time to explore on my own. Dillon is problably 25 minutes from breckenridge so a good pitstop along the way... Never made it to the Backcountry Brewery but did goto Pug Ryans and the Dam Brewery... Both cool places and worthy of at least a stop on your way to and from the airport...

I'd second Eric's. Fun place with decent bar food, beer and a nice little arcade with a row of pinballs. There are actually a lot of bars and clubs in Breckenridge. I don't remember any having a really huge selection of beer, but you'll find a couple of good Colorado brewery taps at most of them.

I was there a year ago snowboarding but I forget everything I did lol.

THere's a place on the main street that sells crepes which are amazing. I'd check that out if I were you.

Its an amazing snow year - have fun! Breck Brewery is great, the one in Frisco is ok. Not sure what else is in driving distance for a meal. pick a brewery to hit on the way to or from the airport for sure.

Had their Quadruple Ale about a week ago. Great beer for a super limited short run.

I will try Eriks out. I probably wont be able to hit anything on the way tot airport since I am taking a shuttle. I bet I can hit a few in town. Ive been drinking some of the breckinridge brews to and vanilla porter is pretty good. I didnt know they had a quaruple

You do not need a car in Summit county, you can always take the Summit Stage (bus). It will take twice as long to get anywhere, but it is free. With the stage to be your designated driver, take it to Frisco for the Backcountry Brewery. Then on to Dillon for the Dam Brewery and Pug Ryans. Just make sure you know the stage schedule as they do not run real late.

i was out there last February for a week. if you have a car, just drive towards Frisco and you'll hit two or three more brew-pubs in addition to Breckenridge Brewery. Frisco is like a 15-20 minute ride.

I like their Vanilla Porter. I do find it odd that they don't list the ABV on the bottle or six-pack carrier.

Been out in Breck since Sunday, hit the Dam Brewery in Dillon on my way in and the Backcountry brewery last night... Opted for samplers mostly but got a killer Centennial Pale Ale at Backcountry, limited time Seasonal Ale.. Sore today after my first day on the mountain so planning to take it easy and check out downtown Breck...

made it to breck brewery the first night. I got altitude sickness the rest of the trip. I did tough it out and drop into Eriks and had a brew, but i was miserable. WTF, I guess thats what happens living at sea level my whole life then going to 10k feet.

made it to breck brewery the first night. I got altitude sickness the rest of the trip. I did tough it out and drop into Eriks and had a brew, but i was miserable. WTF, I guess thats what happens living at sea level my whole life then going to 10k feet.

Don't feel bad, my dad's been here 30 years (Colorado Springs) and he still gets altitude sickness when he gets above 10,000 feet.

There is a new micro (I think) called Colorado Native Brewing, or something like that. I had a beer and it was quite good.

But- after yo azz is toe up by freshly 10" powdered Vail back bowls, ANYTHING is great. Epic day- thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I actually hooked up with 2 Vail natives who took me all over the mountain, in places most people don't know. That night I sat in the parking lot at Keystone to go night skiing, and fell asleep in my seat before I could put my gear back on. Aborted and went to the jacuzzi! I'm kinda tired of Breck now, but still like Keystone a lot. Good bombers.

I also met up with a fellow HTBer in Ft. Collins at O'dells. Good times!

I was there a year ago snowboarding but I forget everything I did lol.

THere's a place on the main street that sells crepes which are amazing. I'd check that out if I were you.

I'll second the crepe stand! That place is fantastic!

Back