New Perlick Model 525PC at Kegconnection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaba

Reaction score
I was browsing kegconnection.com and came across a new Perlick model that I have not heard of before. Google gave no information about it and there is no info on the perlick site either. Its $21.95, much cheaper than any other Perlick model, chrome plated. Does anyone have any info about this new model?

Perlick 525PC at Keg Connection

It looks like it is a 525 model, probably just chrome plated brass instead of stainless steel, that would indeed make it a bit cheaper than the stainless 525 perlicks.

You can get the 525 SS models for $23.99 at farmhousebrewingsupply. If you buy more than 3 you get discounts too. Just got mine from there...they are awesome!

Forward seal design, chrome beer faucet. This is Perlick's BRAND NEW faucet. The "Perl ball" and floating O-ring design eliminates the need for a valve shaft. Beer gets no exposure to air; there's literally no space for mold and bacteria to grow! This faucet has fewer internal parts for better reliability and fewer part replacement. Top it off with a standard black faucet handle for $2.44 extra, add in cart.

Bumping an old thread.

Anyone have experience with the 525 PC faucets? The chrome ones, not the SS ones.

I have 3 of them that I purchased from kegconnection. I never had SS ones, so I really can't compare. I am very happy with the ones I have.

I have three coming anytime today UPS. Been working trying to finish up the collar so I can get them in tonight :D!

As soon as you get them installed can you let us know if they have trouble fitting on the shanks like the 525ss. I have my freezer and most of the conversion supplies but I haven't pulled the trigger yet on faucets because of all the problems with the 525ss. Thanks.

I haven't finished the project yet, should be complete and ready to post pics , however there was no problem with the shanks I bought along with the faucets. And they do look beautiful! Can't wait to get it finished up, hopefully by tomorrow. Was just painting the keezer with appliance paint and got caught in the middle of a rainstorm.

Looks like the chrome ones are the only ones kegconnection is carrying right now?

Their website says they've been having a manufacturing problem with the stainless steel (but not the chrome) Perlick 525 and 575 fitting shanks , so they're removing the stainless steel ones from their site until it gets resolved.

I talked to Todd at kegconnection when I was having trouble with my 525sa faucets. I asked about the 525pc and he said that they were exactly the same but chrome plated brass and since they're manufactured in a different plant than the 525ss that they are not exhibiting any of the problems that the 525ss faucets are.

I ordered a 2 tap kit from kegconnection over the weekend, did the 525PC upgrade at $8 a tap. This is my first experience with kegging and kegconnection both. I will report back on the quality and fit/finish on the taps when they arrive. Anyone know what kind of turn around time kegconnection has on their kits?

I ordered a 2 tap kit from kegconnection over the weekend, did the 525PC upgrade at $8 a tap. This is my first experience with kegging and kegconnection both. I will report back on the quality and fit/finish on the taps when they arrive. Anyone know what kind of turn around time kegconnection has on their kits?

How did you like you 525pc's? I'm debating between the 525ss and the 525pc.

Back