OK to dry hop a light beer for 2 weeks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutty_gnome

Reaction score
I"ve run into a scheduling issue.

I have a light beer that is 4 weeks into its primary that is currenty in the dry hop phase. If all went as planned I would bottle this weekend after one week of dry-hopping. However, I don't know if I have the time to bottle this weekend!

Should I:
1) Rack off the trub and let it secondary until I'm back from vacation?
2) Leave it alone, a total of two weeks of dry hopping won't kill it. Bottle when I return.

This is a 3.5% ale (sterling gold) you can find on these boards. I already endangered this beer by letting it ferment with US 05 in the upper 70s (78-80!... so I'm kinda inclined to let it sit on the yeast for as long as possible, even if that means the dry hops are in there for a somewhat longish time. I haven't tasted it yet; have no idea if its even good after such a high ferment temp. I should probably taste it.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I don't see a problem. Taste it and proceed with the hopping. Hoppy session beers are a real treat.

Back