Perle pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam78K

Reaction score
Was shooting some ideas around but what do you guys think of creating a pale ale with perle hop. I will do a continuos hop schedule and plan on using 3-4ozs of hops. Also Maybe will dry hop with some perle and possibly Willamette. What do you guy think about this?

I did an all perle 6% abv, 60 IBU ale last year. It's really nice, has a very soft floral bitterness to it. I used honey malt and carapils to keep the color light.

I probably wouldn't do this recipe again at IPA strength, but it would make a really good APA. I find perle's aroma to be very relaxing. I say go for it.

+1 to go for it. I made a quasi-lager half pils, half pale malt with Perle and Hallertau. When cold it tastes pilsner like, but when it warms up some sweetness from the pale malt mixes with the hop flavor and it is more APA like.

nice I like it what about dry hopping it at all and what about mixing some munich malt or vienna in there for that malt backbone.

I dry hopped 1 oz of leaf IIRC, it was good for that. I personally would go for the vienna over the munich in this case, but it really depends what you're going for.

Doing a all perle APA this weekend. I'm new to brewing... this will be my 4th brew and perle is my favorite hop so far.

Back